Question for TN for Medical Laboratory Technologist and transfusion service/blood bank manager

ABCDSK

1. I am in TN status for 2 years and working as a medical technologist at a hospital since 2018;
2. Recently I had an interview for a manager position of Transfusion service/blood bank at another different hospital. This manager position requires bachelor degree in medical lab technologist with minimum 3 years. I am qualified for this position and waiting for the job offer.

My question is:
1) Per TN regulation, am I, a Canadian citizen, eligible for this manager position? this position will supervise medical lab technologists, may not routinely involve daily patient sample testing. In stead, I will focus on training, hiring, planning, supervising, discipline, technical advising, etc.
2). If I am eligible for TN for the manager position, I need to apply a new TN to work for the new employer. When I applying for the new TN status, CBP will give me a new TN with 3 years, and the current TN status will be invalid?
3), Due to COVID19, is it still possible for me to drive to a border and apply for TN status there? or I have to file I-159 TO change TN to another employer? Thanks.

Thanks for your help, Nelsona.

Could you please further explain the ineligibility for this manager position at a medical lab? Does that mean I can not advance from a medical lab technologist to a lab manager due tot he restriction of TN status?

Yes, you would need an H1-B.

Now, it is possible that they throw the word "manager" pretty loosely, like manager of a boutique, and perhaps you are not managing people, but if you are to become in any way a manger of people, then TN is likley to be denied.