• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Question for "Mature Age" DV Lottery winners

Sukie

Registered Users (C)
My partner is a DV hopeful. She and I are in our late 50s and are both retired, by the grace of God and with really hard work. If she were to win a slot, she can demonstrate income - as she has two rental properties in her home country. However, she is "too mature" to ever qualify for the United States Medicare, so will always have to carry her own medical insurance.

Does any retired "mature age" winner have any stories to tell about their interview, having to prove income, or how they will suport themselves? Or do you just have to prove that you have enough assets to last 12 months? I, of course, am willing to sign an affidavit of support, but since I'm retired, my income is savings and pension.

Any "real" stories welcome!

You should be prepared to answer question about medical coverage. Because neither will qualify for medicare they will be interested what your plans are for a major medical event.