Question for jvetti

rekharajan

Registered Users (C)
Hello jvetti,
     In of the earlier discussions, you had mentioned that your son\'s name was reversed in I-485 application. Did you get his appoval. How did you correct that mistake. Your answer will be of great help. Thanks in advance.

No Title

No Man. Still we are waiting for approval.
But, I did the following for the name correction at the same time

1 I send a written request (certified mail with return receipt) to INS address shown on the receipt notice.
2 I send a written request (certified mail with return receipt) to INS address given by my lawyer. A different P.O. Box #. ( I have to check that #)
3 Fax the same from outside fax service to keep a receipt.

All the above action was in end of Nov. 01.

Middle of Dec. I called INS to check the status; the officer (I think she is an Indian) told me that the correction is not yet done. She said, she is going to correct this since she knows the Indian names.

Yesterday, I called again INS to find out my status; all of my cases are still pending.
And according to her, my son’s name is correct now. But she given a wrong information for my FP, contradicting with previous officer.

I hope the approval notice will show correct name.

This is my experience.

No Title

Thankyou jvetti. Hope everything is corrected for you. As previously mentioned by your lawyer, what action did he mention if it was approved with the name reversed. Thankyou in advance.

No Title

Initially, he told me to wait for aproval and tell INS at the time os stamping with a proof of corrcet name.
After 3 weeks, he told me to write a request. My lawyer is not filed G-28. So, I have to write the request.

Tell me about your case details, like PD, RD, ND FP dtates etc..

thank you.

No Title

My details:
Category/Country : EB2/India
      PD: Jan 2000
      I-485 RD : 04/04/2001
      I-485 ND: 04/24/2001
      FP notice : Nov\'2001(After two faxes)
      FP Schedule date : Dec 21st, did on Nov 30th.
      AD: Jan 7th 20002.