Question for Great_Guru

dns10

Registered Users (C)
Hi Great_Guru,

Could you shed some light on my chances in obtaining H1B with a start up company? Here's a bit about my company. It's a consulting company that provides web design and video encodings for web streaming. It first started in March 2005 but only got incorporated on January 2006. I work as a web developer/programmer for the company. There have been 4 employees including me at one time, but they all didn't fit in and now, I am the only one. So the company only has 2 workers, me and my boss. My boss is willing to pay the prevailing wages so that's not an issue. What I'm worried about is disclosing the annual income of the company. As we just got incorporated this month, there is no history of annual income and the income of last year is not the income of the company as it was all my boss' money, not the company's money. So what should we use as the income history when applying for H1? On my part, I think I am qualified as I already got my Bachelor Degree in Computer Science and the job offered is within my major. So I guess the only question is whether my company is qualified or not? I will really appreciate any feedback you can give me. Thanks in advance.

dns10 said:
Hi Great_Guru,

Could you shed some light on my chances in obtaining H1B with a start up company? Here's a bit about my company. It's a consulting company that provides web design and video encodings for web streaming. It first started in March 2005 but only got incorporated on January 2006. I work as a web developer/programmer for the company. There have been 4 employees including me at one time, but they all didn't fit in and now, I am the only one. So the company only has 2 workers, me and my boss. My boss is willing to pay the prevailing wages so that's not an issue. What I'm worried about is disclosing the annual income of the company.

For H1 no need of annual income proof. Your company must have project that must feed you? You should have proof of your work. Which state is in your company. I have done many start up company h1 successfully,but it is tricky. Since you are in US already getting a H1 ia not at all a problem.

As we just got incorporated this month, there is no history of annual income and the income of last year is not the income of the company as it was all my boss' money, not the company's money. So what should we use as the income history when applying for H1? On my part, I think I am qualified as I already got my Bachelor Degree in Computer Science and the job offered is within my major. So I guess the only question is whether my company is qualified or not? I will really appreciate any feedback you can give me. Thanks in advance.

Thank you so muchh for the quick reply, great_guru!

My company is in California. If we don't need to show annual income, what do we use to show that my company is indeed doing some business and making money off it? Yes, my company has received many projects this past few years. So we just need to show the documentation of that project?

And just wondering, since you have said that you have done many H1B for start up, if you are an immigration attorney?

Thank you again!

I am a consultant to immigration attorneys.
If you do not get any good attorney let me know.

dns10 said:
Thank you so muchh for the quick reply, great_guru!

My company is in California. If we don't need to show annual income, what do we use to show that my company is indeed doing some business and making money off it? Yes, my company has received many projects this past few years. So we just need to show the documentation of that project?

And just wondering, since you have said that you have done many H1B for start up, if you are an immigration attorney?

Thank you again!

Hi great_guru,

Thank you again for the quick reply. I will let you know if I can't find a good attorney. Anyway you still haven't answered my question, here it is again

If we don't need to show annual income, what do we use to show that my company is indeed doing some business and making money off it? Yes, my company has received many projects this past few years. So we just need to show the documentation of that project?

good authentic professional business plan with evidence.

dns10 said:
Hi great_guru,

Thank you again for the quick reply. I will let you know if I can't find a good attorney. Anyway you still haven't answered my question, here it is again

If we don't need to show annual income, what do we use to show that my company is indeed doing some business and making money off it? Yes, my company has received many projects this past few years. So we just need to show the documentation of that project?