question about travel

Jagathp2004

Registered Users (C)
My friend is on O1 and has valid AP also now question is if he goes out of USA and when he renenters USA can he enetr on O1 valid visa or He has to use AP by completion. HE has been using O1 only.
Any advice or experience will be helpful please .

I am not sure of O1 visa.

But if it were H1 visa. One can enter on H1(with valid visa date), even if they have AP. We don't even have to show AP at POE.

-krishna

Not a legal advise, use at your risk.

Hello,

Whether it is H1 or O1, for any visa with multiple entry....can be used even when your green card is under process. You need not use AP, if you have valid multiple entry visa in your passport. Senior member can express their views on this.

Thanks,
siva

I am not sure about any visa with multiple entry.... H1 is an exception. Please read the applicaiton package of AP for more information.

The H1 is unique since it allows dual-intent. Thus USCIS recognizes the right of H1B holders to immigrate. Other visas such as F1 student do not have this nature. An O1 visa is for people with extra-ordinary abilities. Examples are world famous scientists, professional athletes, and prominent entertainers. For more details see this link:

I’m still not sure if an O1 allows for dual intent. If it does using AP should be no problem. Most of us were here on H1s, so you may want to consult an immigration lawyer on this matter.

Rgds,
sadiq

Hi Jagathp,

Please check with an Immigration attorney !!!!!! Its always safe to contact on attorney when you have doubts. Do not take any chances.

Thanks,
skarza