question about the address change

nk95

Registered Users (C)
Many questions here:

I will move to a new job in CA from NY. My I-485 has been pending for 1 and half years now. My wife is working in MD. My questions are:

1. Should we use my new address in CA or we can use different address? Since MD is in the VSC territory, if my wife can use her address in MD, then she will not be effected by my job change. Can we be considered as two independent cases or still one?

2. Should I notify my job change since my case is very close now? (RD: March, 2002). How long will it take for the transfer? If transfered, which date will the case be processed in the new place, TD or RD?

3. Can I use my wife's address as home address?

Thank you for your suggestions.

You have to file AR11 immediately after you moved

Since your RD is March, I would suggest you inform about the job change. BCIS saw your address change, they will send you RFE anyway.

Can I use my wife's address? or we should use my address. Can my wife use hers?

Thanks, my friend!

depends

you may use your wife's address as primary address for your case. if you consider your living in CA is more mobile, more not-settled.
murthy.com has some info on 'in-care-of' address. and i guess some people work on client basis will have to use primary address as they move around all the time.

pure personal opinion

Is that likely my case to be transferred to CA? If so, how long will it take normally for the case transfer?

Thanks for any comments!

I'm Not a Lawyer, use @ your own risk...

As per my opinion...as a silent visitor for a long time....

If you are the primary applicant than you might but

If your AOS file base on MD address, keep using the same address. There is no rule that one can not live @ 2 diff. places. You can still use MD as your primary address and you don't need to update about your CA address as your personal and primary mailing address can be MD as long as your wife is living @ that place. There can be reason that one should reuired travelling and stay @ different location for the company's business/project. As per labor your work and company has to be same.

I had two different address. Still use the same address. I finished my 1 yr project and back to same place.

I had RFE for Employment letter and 2 months pay stub and 2nd FP notice recd yesterday. Just be patience till you heard anything from BCIS.