Question about the $1000 fee paid for H-1

SHARON HU

Registered Users (C)
H-1 denied. Will the INS refund the $1000 paid for the application ? Hope someone out there can give us some idea. Thank in advance.

It is H-1 transfer case. INS decides the job doesn\'t need the H-1. We have filed the 485 before tha

INS decides the job doesn\'t need the H-1 ??

Thanks. Actually I have also applied for my h1 transfer. When u say
INS Decides job doesn\'t need H1...What do they mean ?

No Title

what kind of job is this? I didnt know the INS can make this decision for you unless the job was something very very simple.

Accounting job. It needs people with B.A. degree. But somehow INS says it is not. We don\'t care any

I dont see how they could have rejected your h1. Are you sure you applied for position of an account

It sounds as if INS has determined that the position does not require a bachelor\'s degree or equiva

It\'s part of INS\' job to make this determination. I wouldn\'t have thought they even questioned the job title of "Accountant" but titles like "Account\'s Payable Clerk" or job descriptions that sound more like an "accounting clerk" than an "accountant" they could have problems. The other problem would be if the company employs people in this capacity that do not have a bachelor\'s degree or the equivalent.

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
http://www.geocities.com/jamesdmillsesq/

Hi, Jim

The $1,000 fee I talked about is for the training the employer is supposed to pay when he files for the regular H-1B. Do you have any idea aboout the refund ? Thanks.

Hi, Debasis. How sure you are about the refund ? For us, since the INS did not approve the case, the