Question about stamp after approval.. please advise

phonon

Registered Users (C)
My case was approved per online status. Here is the details:

I140 approved on Aug, 2002 by Vermont Service Center
Left the sponsor employer on the same month and moved to California
Filed I485 on Sept. 2002 to VSC
Never file anything to change employer, address...etc.
Case was approvel without RFE!

Now I am waiting for my approval notice. The question is: Do I have to go to Boston for the stamp on my passport? Can I just walk in the San Jose office and get my passport stamped?

Thank you for your helps

Phonon

I believe you need to schedule an Infopass appointment once you get your approval notice. This can be done at any location (Office closest to your location is determined by the zip code you enter on the Infopass scheduling site). My approval notice says the following:

Your applicatiion for permanent resident status has been approved. We must complete the process to issue your Permanent Resident Card (I-551). Please make an InfoPass appointment to visit your local office at www.uscis.gov. When you arrive, your fingerprint and signature will be taken for processing of your Permanent Resident Card.

IMPORTANT: Please bring this notice, your Arrival/Departure Record (Form I -94), your valid passport or other government issued photo ID, and two PASSPORT style photos that were taken within 30 days of your appointment. Use a pencil to lightly print your name and alien number (A#) as showm in this notice, on the back of each photo. Additional information about the photo requirements can be found at www.state.gov.

If you do not have a valid passport and require temporary evidence of your status, you should bring a third passport style photo