• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Question about Form DS-0230 (DV Lottery Form)

MoozB

Registered Users (C)
Question

43a. Have you ever applied for a Social Security Number (SSN)?

My answer is NO, I have never been in the US before. So I will have to skip the question below to answer YES the next question? Need your feedback, please

Would you like to receive a replacement card? (You must answer YES to question
43b. to receive a card.)

43b. Do you want the Social Security Administration to assign you a SSN and issue a card? (You must answer YES to question 43b. to receive anumber and a card.)

I have not received any feedback.

Do I have to answer question 43b. Would you like to receive a replacement card? (You must answer YES to question to receive a card.)
Even though my answer 43a. Have you ever applied for a Social Security # was NO.

I have not received any feedback.

Do I have to answer question 43b. Would you like to receive a replacement card? (You must answer YES to question to receive a card.)
Even though my answer 43a. Have you ever applied for a Social Security # was NO.

My friend if you don`t have SSN answer NO 43a you don`t have to answer for replacement some people have SSN with restriction like they can`t work any where for some kind of visas but for Green card there are no restrictions so they ask for replacment just answer Yes for the part ask you you need the administration to assign you SSN and Yes for 43b its just consent that you authorized that homeland security will share your information with SSA

Dear Forumites,

Please the below questions have been given me a sleepless nights.
I'll be much happy if the experience guys in the house could help me.

1. Question 10 on DS-230 Part I ( Permanent address in the United States where you intend to live and name of a person who currently lives there)
- Is it necessary to have somebody in United States whom you’ll live with?
- If the answer is N/A, what’s the possible implication or how does USA accommodates the visa lottery immigrants?

2. Question 17 on DS-230 Part I ( Spouse’s occupation)
- Could “STUDENT” be given as the answer or N/A due to the reason that she’s is a non-working student?

3. Question 18 on DS-230 Part I ( Date of Marriage)
- The date in our marriage certificate is a date after the closure of dvlottery registration but prior to the dvlottery selection’s date. Please, could inputting this date brings problem or what is the appropriate decision to abduct?

4. Question 19 on DS-230 Part I ( Father’s family Name------First Name------Middle Name)
5. Question 24 on DS-230 Part I (Mother’s family Name at Birth---First Name---Middle Name)
- If DS-230 is for primary applicant, are questions 19 & 24 for primary applicant’s parents or for Spouse’s parents?

6. Question 33 on DS-230 Part I (List below all educational institutions attended)
- Could secondary school and primary school included in the list, if so, what would be written as course of study and degree or diploma?
- Could I furnish only my degree information?

7. Question 3 on DSP-122 Part II (Address at which you receive your mail. Give any change of mailing address here)
- Could I write mailing address different to mailing address which I used during registration?

Please when is the possible month to be current.
CN - 2012AF00014***

Thanks for your speared time.