Question about an arrest as a minor (over 20 yrs ago) and employment info on N-400

hwood

I'm a green card holder and have lived in the U.S for around 30 years now.

I was arrested as a minor around 1995 or so for shoplifting.... I was told my records would be "sealed" since I was a juvenile and had to do community service. However, from what I've been reading that's mainly for employment purposes/background checks but that ICE would be immune to this since it is a federal agency. Is this correct if so do I need to disclose this on the form even though I was told this incident would be expunged or sealed as it happened when I was a minor? Can this cause citizenship denial?

I am also unable to post the rest of post... it keeps getting flagged as "spam like" for some reason after even after readjusting/deleting/editing numerous words.... I can't figure out what the "trigger" words are so I can post my question about the employment part....

Answer the questions truthfully. They all ask “Have you EVER....” so the answer is yes.
A shoplifting offence as a minor 23 years ago is highly unlikely to be a problem.

My daughter was arrested for shoplifting as a minor. It doesn't matter if the court "sealed" the record.

For immigration purposes you must disclose it. You must also get copies of any court records.

It's not an issue and you won't have anything to worry about. Wasn't even brought up during her interview when she applied for her citizenship as an adult.

However if you don't disclose it, you most likely will have problems.

Words like sealed/expunged doesnt exist in the Immigration world. They will see everything

As other members pointed out, just disclose the arrest and you should be fine.

If you can , try to get a copy of any type of court document pertaining to the case just to be on the safe side. I doubt you”l need it though.