Question 11 in Form DS-157: Have you ever lost or stolen your passport

venkimg

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I lost my passport in india with US Visa (H1B) before I came to USA. Then I got another (duplicate) passport, got US Visa again. Both are from Chennai counsulate. After 911, INS has introduced new application DS-157. In that Question 11 asks 'Have you ever lost a passport or Had one stolen?

What I have to answer for this question. If any body has an experience with this please post your experience.

Any experiences and suggestions would help a lot for me.

Thanks

venkimg said:
Hi,

I lost my passport in india with US Visa (H1B) before I came to USA. Then I got another (duplicate) passport, got US Visa again. Both are from Chennai counsulate. After 911, INS has introduced new application DS-157. In that Question 11 asks 'Have you ever lost a passport or Had one stolen?

What I have to answer for this question. If any body has an experience with this please post your experience.

Any experiences and suggestions would help a lot for me.

Thanks
I don't understand your confusion at all ...

You lost your passport ... so you say YES to that question.

max2k1 said:
I don't understand your confusion at all ...

You lost your passport ... so you say YES to that question.

Sorry, I would say YES, actually I wanted to know if any body has the experience with this scenario. For what reason, the INS has included this question?

Thanks for all your replies.

Hi.

My question is that should i reply 'yes' or 'no' in the DS 160 form question: have you ever lost a passport or a visa? - if i have recently misplaced my old cancelled passport that expired in 2010?

In that old passport i had a US tourist visa, which may have expired by now.

Currently i am applying for M1 visa to the US. My current passport has a previous US F1 visa issued in 2010 ( no longer active)

Take note that i misplaced my old cancelled passport recently, whereas my current passport was already renewed in 2010 - so I haven't filed any FIR yet.

So please help me with question no 11 and whether i should file an FIR or DDR with the police for my cancelled passport.