• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Query Regarding Photo Disqualification

YoyoMaster

Hi all, I have a small query I was hoping someone could shed some light on.

If someone where to upload a photo which does not meet the criteria, would this photo be rejected before the draw (ie there is a 0% chance you would win as the application is void) or would it be rejected after the draw (for example when the KCC is reviewing the Form DS-260)? I took my photo at a photographer and meet all the technical specs, but my head is slightly more visible on one side of my face (there is a photo similar to this on the official travel.state.gov website, I was trying to post it but I think this website it detecting it as spam or something)

My face is showing clearly and both ears are visible, I think the bot wouldn't be an issue but I could see some really cranky KCC employee being like nope this is null and void. If I knew this would be made void before the selection I wouldn't care, but if the actual visa application gets denied because of it it would mean that itll be on the record that I failed a visa application, something Id like to avoid lol.

Sorry to waffle on, in summery, do photo disqualifications void the submission for the lottery, or could they void the DS-260. Thanks :)

KCC does not disqualify entries on photos or any other basis. If the photo tool accepts your entry as valid and allows you to submit, the only person who will be doing any judging/potentially disqualifying anything will be the consular officer at your interview, should you get selected.

KCC does not disqualify entries on photos or any other basis. If the photo tool accepts your entry as valid and allows you to submit, the only person who will be doing any judging/potentially disqualifying anything will be the consular officer at your interview, should you get selected.

Thank you for your input SusieQQQ :) I know you probably cant say this with certainty, but would it be likely that the interview is disqualified because of a picture (especially if its something minor)?

Thank you for your input SusieQQQ :) I know you probably cant say this with certainty, but would it be likely that the interview is disqualified because of a picture (especially if its something minor)?
It happens, but it is very rare. I have heard of maybe a couple of cases over the last 6 or 7 years.

yoyo hi. have you attend interview?
My photo meets all requirements apart from the part where the top of the head to the chin should be 50-69%. Mine is 75%. this cause any problem?