Purchasing a new car in Calgary

infoplease

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

Just to see if someone has any idea if there is a Kellly' s Blue Book equivalent in Canada.

Looks like dealers are pricing the cars much much higher than the MSRP.

Has anyone faced a similar situation? Any suggestions?

All replies greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Just to see if someone has any idea if there is a Kellly' s Blue Book equivalent in Canada.

I had a similar problem in the past. Unfortunately, there is nothing equivalent to Kelley's Blue Book in Canada that is available to the general public. There is something equivalent, but only the financial (money lending) institutions have an access to it. I do not know why, but it is a fact. (This was true at least 3 years ago..) This is an example of some of the typical cdn things that do not make much sense..

bigboy00 said:

I had a similar problem in the past. Unfortunately, there is nothing equivalent to Kelley's Blue Book in Canada that is available to the general public. There is something equivalent, but only the financial (money lending) institutions have an access to it. I do not know why, but it is a fact. (This was true at least 3 years ago..) This is an example of some of the typical cdn things that do not make much sense..

Thank you for the response. How do we deal with this issue of charging such high prices? If I may ask, how did you get around to buying a car? The dealers are pricing it to be way too much higher than MSRP., About 500-1000 CAD higher, is maybe understandable.

Go to Yahoo and look for the car prices in the US state that is close to your province..That will give you a rough idea. Also call many dealers - you will see that they differ in prices by about $400. Also look in the newspaper classifieds to see how much the similar car is getting sold for. This whole exercise will give you an idea (rough) about how much to pay for the car. I did the same thing, but my timing was not that great.

I bought my car in December. Your timing is better. Because this time of the year (or may be a couple of months down the road), dealers will be anxious to sell the 2006 models because 2007 models will arrive in October.

Thank you for the response. How do we deal with this issue of charging such high prices? If I may ask, how did you get around to buying a car? The dealers are pricing it to be way too much higher than MSRP., About 500-1000 CAD higher, is maybe understandable.

How do we deal with this issue of charging such high prices?

Don't buy the car ?? :confused:

Blue Books or whatever reference you use are simply that, references. They are not rule books. If you don't like Garage "A"'s prices, go to garage "B" but frankly, if they are all asking similar prices, then you have to adjust your definition of 'high'.