Promotion since I140 filing - Problem ?

Mukul Jain

Registered Users (C)
My job title has changed from Senior Scientist to Principal Scientist. Could that be a problem at time of CP ? I did not go through LCA since it was EB1, so I am guessing that just some explanation in the HR letter should cover all, if it mentions that the responsibilities are still the same plus more.
Please advise if I should not mention the new title.
- Mukul

No Title

Does not matter at all, as long as the title doesn\'t change to something like receptionist. It is quite natural to get promotions and title changes.

No Title

Since you do not have any LC, keep it simple for the folks at the embassy! Have your HR use the same job title you had in your I-140!

Thanks All - Won\'t it be falsifying information by not using current title ?

in DS 230 form ? I am wondering if there is more risk in using the earlier title, or using the new title along with a mention in the letter that it is a promotion but the kind of work is similar. The case that was made at I140 was on my ability to do research, and not the current job duties.
I will get the letter today, so please let me know your views. I am not sure what I wrote in my OF 230 Pt 1 when I submitted it for Pkt 3 as far as the title is concerned.
Thanks,
- Mukul

Mukul: Change in title won\'t matter for you.

Please provide the correct title in DS 230 forms. Your application was in the EB1 category, so a “higher” job title will not matter. What matters is the nature of your job, and its relevance to your EB1 petition. You should be working in the area that your EB1 petition is based on, and performing at least the duties that are described in I-140. Also, if your EB1 application used high salary as evidence for demonstrating extraordinary abilities, you should be drawing at least the amount that was stated on I-140.

As an aside, one should retain copies of all forms that are sent to INS. Check with your lawyer if they retained the copies of your OF230 forms. Inadvertent inconsistencies across forms can create problems.

Good luck!

No Title

If it is a kind of a promotion you have to use the current title. If it was a kind of renaming the position, it would not really matter.
In this case, ask your HR to explain your title with a statement that is a similar job. In any case try to keep it simple. Good luck!

Re: NO PROBLEM -Ihad same case and had a succesful CP on Jan 23rd

Originally posted by cdevaro

Hey cdevaro,

If you are still on the forum, could you please post your details.

Thanks,