Proclamation 10014

Proclamation 10014 stops issuance of most immigrant visas, but it doesn't affect the ability of people who already had immigrant visas valid on April 23, 2020. But any immigrant visas that were valid on April 23 would probably have expired by now, so I don't understand your description.

Her visa was issued this year in October and it has a stamp in writing saying that entry is subject to pp10014. It is an immigrant visa based off of the lottery system. Is she able to have entry ? Please let me know as she has been waiting since October because we thought the immigration would deny her entry based off of the pp10014 ?

Her visa was issued this year in October and it has a stamp in writing saying that entry is subject to pp10014. It is an immigrant visa based off of the lottery system. Is she able to have entry ? Please let me know as she has been waiting since October because we thought the immigration would deny her entry based off of the pp10014 ?
No, she is still banned for entry. The ban is currently set to expire 31 December. She needs to watch the news or DoS pages to see if the ban is allowed to expire or if trump decides to extend it.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...recovery-following-the-COVID-19-outbreak.html

Ok, thank you. So if it is extended to for example April and her visa expires in March of next year, does that mean she loses the visa and has to re-apply or will they let her enter the US due to the visa expiring soon ?

So the entry ban related questions are on behalf of your cousin and no longer yourself :rolleyes:? Anyway, the response you got back in October still applies IMO.

Ok, thank you. So if it is extended to for example April and her visa expires in March of next year, does that mean she loses the visa and has to re-apply or will they let her enter the US due to the visa expiring soon ?
If there is still a ban and her visa is subject to it, then she is banned.

My expectation is that, if they extend the immigrant visa ban, no matter how long they extend it, it will be revoked very quickly after Biden is inaugurated.

My expectation is that, if they extend the immigrant visa ban, no matter how long they extend it, it will be revoked very quickly after Biden is inaugurated.
This is everyone's hope.. but dont know whether this item is in the priority list of Mr. Biden task list.

Anyone Please clarify , if the proclamation 10014 would not be extended by on or before 31st and then can it be extended by 4th Jan 2021 by backdating the effective date as 1st Jan 2021. If such situation may occur , what will happen the people who already travelled between 1st to 3rd jan 2021. Since the time lag (peoples travels from Asia) , what would happen the if the extension arise on the air :)

Anyone Please clarify , if the proclamation 10014 would not be extended by on or before 31st and then can it be extended by 4th Jan 2021 by backdating the effective date as 1st Jan 2021. If such situation may occur , what will happen the people who already travelled between 1st to 3rd jan 2021. Since the time lag (peoples travels from Asia) , what would happen the if the extension arise on the air :)
No they never backdate and they don’t make it immediate for immigrant visas, past PPs were effective like from midnight the following night (example the proclamation of 22 April was effective 11:59pm 23 April)

Last edited: