Processing time at Chicago Consulate

Indy Indian

I submitted my new passport application to the Chicago Consulate on July 21. It's been 51 days and I still haven't received my new passport.

I need to travel out of the country soon so am in a bit of panic situation.

I have tried calling them multiple times, but I always get a busy tone. I have also written to them asking about the status (with a pre-paid envelope for reply) and have received no response.

Anybody else have a similar experience? Will they let you know if there's something wrong with the application?

Thanks for any feedback/suggestion you may have.

Same

I submitted my new passport application to the Chicago Consulate on July 21. It's been 51 days and I still haven't received my new passport.

I need to travel out of the country soon so am in a bit of panic situation.

I have tried calling them multiple times, but I always get a busy tone. I have also written to them asking about the status (with a pre-paid envelope for reply) and have received no response.

Anybody else have a similar experience? Will they let you know if there's something wrong with the application?

Thanks for any feedback/suggestion you may have.

Did you hear anything back? Looking at your situation. I am afraid mine is long way to go. I have sent my PP on Sept 21st. My money gram not cashed yet. Thats how I am tracking.

Thanks,
Vllrp

Same situation here. I have sent my PP on Sep 24th. I have taken the money order from post office. How to track that one if they have cashed it or not?

Thanks,
MB

I sent my wife's passport to Chicago Consulte on Sep' 7 2007 and till now I haven't heard anything. I tried to call them many times, but no luck. One lady picks the phone and connects to a person who never picks the phone. When I asked to connect to a person who actually picks the phone, she got mad and shouted "this is not my problem".

Money Order Tracking

Same situation here. I have sent my PP on Sep 24th. I have taken the money order from post office. How to track that one if they have cashed it or not?

Thanks,
MB

When you took money order. There is small receipt from money order you detach. Back side to that there is 1-800 number. If you call. Automated service will ask you if you need status. You will have to enter money gram number from your receipt.

between one of my friend got his passport after 7 weeks from chicago consulate. So all we need to do is just wait wait..

Regards,
vllrp.

Got my new passport today

I have received my new passport today from chicago consulate. It took 3 1/2 weeks total.
Thanks,
vllrp

When you took money order. There is small receipt from money order you detach. Back side to that there is 1-800 number. If you call. Automated service will ask you if you need status. You will have to enter money gram number from your receipt.

between one of my friend got his passport after 7 weeks from chicago consulate. So all we need to do is just wait wait..

Regards,
vllrp.

Thanks for the information vllrp.

-MB

recd the passport from Chicago consulate in the mail today.

On 7-nov, went to consulate to submit the application for the new passport. submitted
-old pp,
-$40.00 cash
-stamped self addressed express mail USPS envelope
and copies of:
- driver's license,
-utility bills
-1st 3 & last 3 pages and current visa page of the passport

The lady at the counter returned I-94 card to me; gave me the receipt for the passport and indicated that the pp will be sent after 15-nov.
I see that the new pp issue date is 7-nov.
The old pp was canceled and returned with the new pp.

I submitted the new passport application 4 months before the expiry of the old pp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we need an affidavit

My 10 year passport expired 7 months back, Do I need to submit notarized affidavit in addition to the application.., please let me know.
Also, I recently moved and just have bank statement as proof of local address (have drivers license from NJ), do they need utility bills also, it does not mention any thing of such sort on the application on web site.
Thanks

in chicago consulate, they asked for utility bills on top of driver license.
My 10 year passport expired 7 months back, Do I need to submit notarized affidavit in addition to the application.., please let me know.
Also, I recently moved and just have bank statement as proof of local address (have drivers license from NJ), do they need utility bills also, it does not mention any thing of such sort on the application on web site.
Thanks