Procedure for applying at POE

sellab

Hi,

My TN status was denied by USCIS recently. I am planning to apply at a POE, most likely a border rather than the airport. Category will be Computer Systems Analyst. Can someone offer detailed guidance on what is involved in this? What documentation do I need to bring with me? How early do I need to get there? What questions are asked by the officer? Also I was planning on applying at Rainbow bridge or peace bridge- are there POEs that are better than others?

This is basic stuff, please refer to 100's of previous threads which discuss finer points. You already submitted I-129, so you have to already know the basics. Any TN website will give you that.
Do you have a more specific question??!!

I would think you would want to know more about how to overcome the deficiencies in your I-129, than asking for step-by-step on POE process!

This is basic stuff, please refer to 100's of previous threads which discuss finer points. You already submitted I-129, so you have to already know the basics. Any TN website will give you that.
Do you have a more specific question??!!

I would think you would want to know more about how to overcome the deficiencies in your I-129, than asking for step-by-step on POE process!
I understand, but I felt it would be beneficial to have a more current and consolidated thread that includes this information. My stupid law firm has not even revealed to me the reasons for the denial!!! I have requested them to send me the original petition, the RFE, and the denial notice, but they keep shirking. I think they know they really screwed up, and they are keeping us in the dark. It is really unprofessional. Fragomen sucks.

TN shouldn't be done with lawyers.
How 'bout you consolidate the information, and once you come back from the border, you can post your experience.

TN shouldn't be done with lawyers.
How 'bout you consolidate the information, and once you come back from the border, you can post your experience.
The lawyers are discouraging me from applying at the border. Their concern is that I may be denied entry to the U.S. altogether if they reject the TN application at the border :(
Not sure what to do now.

So they want you to stay in US illegally?

of course the lawyer would discourage border -- it nudges them out of the trough
Tell them to reveal the problem to the sponsor -- who is paying these dirt bags -- fix it your self with your sponsor and go to the border.

of course the lawyer would discourage border -- it nudges them out of the trough
Tell them to reveal the problem to the sponsor -- who is paying these dirt bags -- fix it your self with your sponsor and go to the border.
The RFE had challenged my educational background is not related to the position (Systems Engineer- Computer Systems Analyst category), so after we responded to this they denied it.
I'm guessing this is the reason for the denial. They are going to have a call revealing the reasons to my manager in the coming days.

I am in Canada right now, awaiting this process.

Anyway, I am trying to get my manager to agree to apply at the border regardless, because my whole life is in the U.S.
It would be very tough to move back to Canada. I am very distressed at the prospect.

Anyway, I am trying to get my manager to agree to apply at the border regardless, because my whole life is in the U.S.
It would be very tough to move back to Canada. I am very distressed at the prospect.
What is your education? ?

I just don't understand- why do you think they are refusing to disclose the reasons for denial to me?
It is extremely humiliating and frustrating to ask repeatedly to no avail. I am truly shocked at Fragomen's disgustingly unprofessional conduct.

I ended up applying at the POE and the CBP officer denied it based on the job description did not match that of CSA. I have to work from Canada for a year before the company transfers me back. A horrible turn of events and my life has been turned upside down now.

Thank you for updating this thread, and sorry for the denial.

This is a renewal of TN visa? Is CBP stricter about matching the job description and the TN category?