Priority date transfer

longgcwisher

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have an EB3 I 140 with Company A approved recently (Priority Date of 08/03). I no longer work for this company.

My EB2 I140 with Company B (current one) is approved and I485 (PD - 07/07) was applied concurrently in Aug 2007.

I have applied to port the Priority date of 8/03 to the current I485 in Feb 2008.

My question is how long does it take for the INS to take a decision. I understand that there is no standard time for INS to process these kind of cases, but a rough idea would give some relief to my mind.

Thanks in advance,
longgcwisher.

PD transfer - key is INS see & ack your letter.

Hi long..

It appears, you wrote/asked to port your earliest PD while it was not approved then ( feb08) now its recently approved, You probably guessed it right.. there is no time frame for these for CIS process. They won't ack if they got your interfile letter or such..

This is what you can do to reassure your's will be processed correctly/&fast.

Write a letter to ATTN: IIO/SIIO, your 485 centre address with a subject in mail/fedex " Do NOT Open in Mail room"
Give your primary 485 applicant info (current rpt #, name, current employer, A#, NEW I140 info to interfiled/updated with existing 485 (rpt #, PD, appvd dt, attach a copy of apprval letter, employer name0

then you request as a summary, please process your 485 based on the new i140 as you are entitled to use the earliest estabilished PD as set forth in
Michael Pherson Memo guidelines under section 8 CFR 204.5(e). If you have dependants, give their info also in the bottom.

I am sure this step will reach the file directly & in time for the officer who is assigned/will be assigned will update the system with your new PD. If its current, they will immediately process your 485.. if not atleast system updated, will tell the officer when its available.

I was in your boat like this, did the above & it worked. I even got an ack letter for interfile, system updated. When my eb2 got approved later, officer then know immediately & got my 485 approved 2 weeks later..

hope this works for you as well. Best of luck.

Hi Kumo,

Thank you for the reply. I was late in reading your reply. Please pardon me. I am in the process of making a letter as you suggested. If it works, I will be the most thankful guy to you.

It relieves a lot of stress. Let me hope for the best and do as you suggested. Will let you know.

Thanks,
longgcwisher.