Primary Ead got approved but not spouse

choti0

Registered Users (C)
My EAD was approved today but my spouses EAD shows still pending. Our lawyer filed both on the same July 21st.

Any help is appreciated.

same here....primary EAD and derivatives AP is approved.Primary got second FP notice but not derivative.Renewal of EAD and AP are applied on July 18 2008.Texas service center.

Are you tracking the LUDs on your pending cases for you and your partners ?
I have applied for renewal of our EADs very recently...hopefully TSC does not put us thru further delays.

I know it's frustrating. They have no real logic in how they do things. You should be happy that at least yours (primary ) got approved, so you can continue working without interruption. Because waiting for it to be approved and knowing that your old one is about to expire, is nerve wrecking.

My EAD was approved today but my spouses EAD shows still pending. Our lawyer filed both on the same July 21st.

Any help is appreciated.

Any help is appreciated.

This is a very common scenario and the odd is to be approved in the same day despite the fact of application in the same day. Once applied, both are totally separate application and everyone, regardless to what happen to the other, have to wait 90 days before start worrying

This is a very common scenario and the odd is to be approved in the same day despite the fact of application in the same day. Once applied, both are totally separate application and everyone, regardless to what happen to the other, have to wait 90 days before start worrying

Today i got all the approvals for EAD and AP both primary and derivative.Applied on July 18 to TSC.
AP status says that "Document is mailed to applicant" is this approval?

my spouse and I applied online the same day (07 JUL 2008) for both EAD and AP renewals, both of mine got approved and my spouse's are still pending.

I and my spouse applied for EAD renewal on 07/02/08, mine got approved 08/01/08, her's is still pending, she is working on EAD and her current EAD will expire in mid of October, it's already been 65 days since she has applied for her renewal. Folks, Is it better to wait for some more time or is it a good idea to expedite the request.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my EAD in just over 30 days of applying and my wife's EAD got approved couple of days back. Wonder, if they put the applications in different buckets for Primary and derivative. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's normal. They will process your wife's EAD within 1 or 2 weeks.

In my case...my wife's EAD got approved first. Almost 10 days later mine got approved. I'd received it on 09/03/08 on time, the old was expiring on 09/20/08. Our EAD receipt date was 07/10/08.

I and my spouse applied for EAD renewal on 07/02/08, mine got approved 08/01/08, her's is still pending, she is working on EAD and her current EAD will expire in mid of October, it's already been 65 days since she has applied for her renewal. Folks, Is it better to wait for some more time or is it a good idea to expedite the request.

Wife's EAD approved but not the Primary applicant

My wife's EAD and 10 year old daughter's EAD approved last week (card yet to be received) but my (the primary applicant) has not approved yet. It still says case received and pending in TSC. It has been more than 90 days since the finger print. Anyone in the same situation? It was applied in May 5th.

Applied July 23. Rejection end of July. Re-sent papers in beginning of August. Email received yesterday. Card production ordered. This was at TSC.

My mother's (primary applicant) EAD has already been approved (9/05/08) and she received her EAD card yesterday. I am the derivative and our RD is the same date (6/20/08). No clue as to why my EAD renewal hasn't been approved yet :(

I received the card production email for the 3 of us twice, once on 9/5 and then again 9/8. LUD on the cases were 9/5, 9/8 and 9/9.
Kinda weird. I thought once they let you know that card production was ordered, that's it. Why they have to "touch" the file 3x ?
To me that seems to be a waste of time. They could use that extra time working on other cases.

The more definitive email is " we have approved your application" . My husband was in the same boat. LUD s with "card production ordered" but none recieved. Infopass appointment helped speed up the process .He got the EAD in 110 days

I called on Monday and did the expedite request, I was told to send an expedite request via Fax, sent it on the same day, today I received an email card production ordered.

Received an email notification from USCIS that my Wife's EAD renewal has been approved, card production ordered on Sept 17th 2008.

As some of the readers of this posting might already know, my Wife is working on her current EAD which is set to expire on 09/25/08.
Since we were moving from the North East to Texas, and were in temporary living for a couple of months, we did not get a chance to apply for EAD renewal 120 days or so in advance as recommended by USCIS.

We e-filed EAD renewals on 08/12/2008. Our biometrics were done on 09/04/2008 and on 09/17/2008, we received approval for my wife' renewal.

I am still waiting on mine, but surely am not tensed up for mine as I am working on my H1B still. Hopefully mine will come soon too.

Thank you all for your valuable insights...
Seems like TSC somehow recognized that we are nearing our expiration date, and internally expedited the process? :confused:

Not sure...regardless of how it was handled, I am pleasantly surprised that the EAD renewal came thru within 35 days.