Primarry Approved, but Spouse stuck in Retro...options??

sertra2002

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I was approved in EB3 category on June 2005. I got lucky and escaped the Retro just on the nick of time..but not my spouse. She was not approved and the PD's are now back to 01/1998 for EB3 INDIA, as we all know..or should know. Considering this I was exploring the options to get her GC quicker.

Whereas I hope for everyones sake some law is passed and there is Releif, but just in case there is none, the current scenario suggests she will get her GC in the next 4-5 years ! (my PD was 03/2002). So bottomline is I am considering filing for her in the Family based category, since I am a LPR and can file a I-130 for her. The visa PD there is 01DEC01. So hypothetically if I file I-130 tomorrow, her PD will be 11/01/2005. Which is slightly better than the EB scenario.

Now to the questions ! First, is there any complication or issue that I should be aware of before filing a I-130 for her ? Secondly is this feasable, I would think so, what do u thonk ? Last, do you think it could be worth it? (I know there cannot be a definite answer, but I just wanted to check other ppls personal opinions on this :) )