PR with commuter status petitioning for spouse

Mak2016

My GC secured about 8 months ago. I recently applied for a reentry permit to stay abroad for a long time. I also applied for my spouse (we married after getting the GC) a month ago.
But recently we decided to move and stay in Canada until my spouse GC process get done. We want to reside in a border city in Canada and I want to get a job in a border city in US and commute.
I want to know, if this situation may affect my spouse immigration process.
Thanks

My GC secured about 8 months ago. I recently applied for a reentry permit to stay abroad for a long time. I also applied for my spouse (we married after getting the GC) a month ago.
But recently we decided to move and stay in Canada until my spouse GC process get done. We want to reside in a border city in Canada and I want to get a job in a border city in US and commute.
Thanks

The intention of having a green card is to live permanently in the U.S. and not in Canada. This might raise some questions from USCIS, since she is getting a green card via her husband. I'm sure other participants with more experience on this will share their thoughts.

The intention of having a green card is to live permanently in the U.S. and not in Canada. This might raise some questions from USCIS, since she is getting a green card via her husband. I'm sure other participants with more experience on this will share their thoughts.

That's true. But for people who are in situation that are not able to reside in US continuously, there are lawful ways such as obtaining a Reentry permit and changing status to Commuter to keep their PR while are living outside the US.

Thanks

Can anybody help?