PR Card - Wierd Situation

mrp2612

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

I landed in Toronto with my wife on Jan 25, 2003. Came back to US after 2 days. My Wife's PR card arrived to the address we provided. There was a letter for me yesterday about my photograph is not upto specifications and I have to come to local CIC office within 5 business days. Right now my visa 7th year extension is going on in Texas. It is taking 5months. I will get that extension sometime in August. One mistake I did is, I did not ask the agent about photographs at the time of landing. They did not take any photographs at the Toronto Airport. We sent extra photos at the time of stamping. they told it is sufficient. that's why we did not ask the agent at toronto airport.

Now the funny part. they accepted my wife's photo but not mine. we got at the same time and same place. I dont understand these guys.

I called up CIC and asked them my options. she told I should come to Canada within July 25, 2003 (6 months from the time of landing) and get the appointment scheduled. dont know what date will be the appointment. They will schedule if I go and meet them at CIC. may be it will take one month after that meeting. I told them that I am in india for family reasons. she asked me how I could get through the 800 number from India because it is made such that it can be dialed only from canada. I told her that I have a friend working in Indian Telecommunications, he arranged that for me.
she asked my client id # , Name, DOB, Landing location, date of landing, address in toronto, location of the interview in the letter i received for PR card. I told her, I will call back.

Now experts, Any suggestions.

I landed in 2001, and I had the same problem. Initially I received a letter in mail stating that the photograph was not upto the specification, and I should showup to get the photograph taken at the CIC office. Then I got another letter in the mail informing me to pickup my PR card.

If you don't receive the letter asking you to pickup your PR card, then you will have to go to the CIC office. There is no other option. You could always pay the $1000, and get your 7th year processed via premium processing. You should get your 7th year extension with 15 days from the date BCIS receives your application and the $1000.

vault,

Thanks for the quick response. What is the duration between the 2 letters?? This would help me alot.

mrp2612,
How long did it take for your wife's PR card to come by mail? I landed last week and the immig. officer told me it was taking about 6 weeks. Also, did CIC say you needed a "facilitation" visa to re-enter Canada since you didn't have your PR card?

thanks

Hello vault, I'm planning to fly to Canada next month with my spouse. Do they take the pictures for PR card at the airport?

please post the important things we have to take care...

1) what all the documents we have to carry?
2)what documents we have to present to Candian Immigration officials at the troronto airport?
2)what formalities we have to take care when we are in canada ?
3)while coming back to US after 2/3 days waht all the documents we have to show to US immigration officer?

Please post the info.

hello "mrp2612", plz repply to my previous post. You can give latest info as u visited canada Jan'2003.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by sairam4599
Hello vault, I'm planning to fly to Canada next month with my spouse. Do they take the pictures for PR card at the airport?
I am not sure about the pictures. Ther's no harm in carrying it.

please post the important things we have to take care...

1) what all the documents we have to carry?
Passport, Landing papers, Funds in the form of Cashiers check. Also make a list of items that you plan on bringing into Canada. If you have electronic equipment, Computers, include their model and serial numbers. Also ensure to include the jewelery you have along with approximate weight in grams and approximate value. Also include the value of the goods you are listing. Tell the CCRA officer the you have goods to follow. They will stamp and give you a copy. Also if you plan on importing your car into Canada, list the make, model and VIN number.

2)what documents we have to present to Candian Immigration officials at the troronto airport?
Passport and Landing papers. You will be asked to show proof of funds.

3)what formalities we have to take care when we are in canada ?
SIN Card, Bank Account. Have to wait 3 months before you will be eligible for Health card.

4)while coming back to US after 2/3 days waht all the documents we have to show to US immigration officer?
If you are on H-1B, then your H-1B approval notice (I-797), 3-4 paystubs, employment verification letter on original company letterhead, clearly indicating from when you have been employed, your job title, job description, worklocation and salary. Also make sure that you have a valid H-1B stamp (if you are on H-1B) in your passport. If you are flying back, your passport will be stamped. So make sure you are back in Canada within 3 years. Also make sure that you get a stamp in your passport upon re-entry into Canada.

Please post the info.

I think I have covered everything. If I have missed anything, someone will add.

Good Luck!!

Guys,

It tool for about 3 weeks for my wife's PR card

As far as the things to take care

1) When you land, keep passport and landing papers ready. The guy at the counter will ask you whether this is the first visit. Say 'Yes'. he will direct you to another counter where the lady there will ask your address and phone number in canada, funds you will be bringing to canada. she will put the date on the landing paper and ask you to sign it. she will keep original and give duplicate to you. she will say your PR card will be mailed to you in 4 weeks. if she doesn't ask you any photographs, then you remind her about that.

2) After that you will be directed to another place where they will ask the details of the belongings you will be bringing to canada. you can fill out the form. I did not. I told the lady that I dont have any and buy everything in canada. if you fill up the details, I think you have 1 yr time to take them into canada without any tax.

3) after you enter into canada, you apply for SSN and bank account. At SSN they will ask you the copy of landing document as proof. After getting SSN, ask your friend to include your name in his utility bill or phone bill or apt lease or something so that after 3 months , you can apply for Health card. I didn't do any of the above. I acted dumb at that time. I am telling you based on my experience so that no body will repeat my mistakes.

4) Coming into US, immigration officer didn't ask me anything. by seeing the visa in the passport, she gave I-94 to me. But I have following with me

a) employer letter
b) paystubs
c) all certificates
d) bank statements

I didn't ask CIC agent about the transit visa to canada. Did you hear from anywhere?? I know landing document says NOT VALID. I thought we can enter canada since PR card is not required yet. Please post some thoughts about that.

Photographs for PR Card

Hi Vault,

I got my approval last month.Iam planning to visit Toronto,CA with my wife some time in May-03.After reading this discussion, I have some questions for you

1) After you arrive at the Toronto Airport & When you apply for PR Card , do you have to submit some pictures ( photographs ) ??
OR do you they take some pictures there itself ??

2) If we have to submit pictures, how many should we keep with us & whats the specification for that ??

Would appreciate if you could answer back

Thanks
Sandeep

I alongwith my wife and son landed at Toronto Airport on 28th Feb 2003. After all the papers were processed I specifically asked the Immigration officer if he wanted to take our photographs for PR cards? He said no, the photos on the landing documents would do. He confirmed our Canadian address and asked for the telephone number just in case they needed some more information.
We returned to states after a week. My son's PR card arrived after 3 weeks on 21st March. My wife and I are still waiting. After reading mrp 2612's experience I am wondering if it is very common that PR cards for people landing together arrive on different dates. Some people tell me it often happens in case of PR , SIN and health cards and even for PR cards pick up dates.

Can somebody narrate his/her personel experience in this regrad.

And secondly what type of visa would mrp 2612 require if has to go back to CIC office in Canada. Obviusly he cannot travel on NOT VALID documents. Would it be some facilitation visa or he would need to apply for a TRAVEL DOCUMENT using form IMM 5524
Experts pl.

hey mrp2612,

you mentioned in this thread that you recieve I-94 when you were coming back to US. Did you fly from US to canada and did stayed in canada for more than 1 month. I think they are not taking I-94 when you land and come back within 1 month. Please let us know regarding this.

Thanks.

I flew from SLC to Denver to Toronto. In Denver airport, the airline agent told me to submit I-94 because I am boarding INternational Carrier. I told her that I will be coming back within one month and we dont have to submit. She insisted I submit and get another one when I enter USA. I got one while coming back. I dont see any harm in submitting I-94.

Immi_can,

Did you get PR card??

not yet. i should get it know as it is almost 2 months and they say it takes 6-8 weeks.

hey canus_immi, did you receive your PR card as your wife received it first and then you are waiting for it. let us know.

thanks.

I sent a fax message to them now days it is taking even more..
This information i got from my immigration consultants.

Thanks