PP stamping

ravi kat

Registered Users (C)
Went to the Columbus office with an Infopass appointment for PP stamping. I had received the approval letter with the "card will be mailed within 120 days" message. The officer showed me an email and said they cannot stamp the passport at this time :mad: He said that if biometrics is required a separate letter would be sent. Anyone with similar experience ?

I went to the Kansas City office with my approval letter that said the exact same thing. "Card to be mailed in 120 days" I brought 2 front facing photos and they took my biometrics. The signature and index fingerprint. I had no problems at all without the biometric letter. If you had done your Biometrics, like if you e-filed your EAD, you would of had biometrics done then and from what I have seen and been told they will create the card directly with that.
I had not so the officer didn't even blink when I gave her my stuff. She just asked for the letter and took my EAD, AP, then the Biometrics. Then I got my passport stamped. Should see the card anywhere from 4 months to a year she said.

I thought they should stamp my passport too. But he just showed me an email that says no ADIT stamps. Am I the only one in this predicamant ?
I did not do biometrics - BTW what's that ? is it different from the regular FP ?
My code on 2nd FP was 1 but was done only a month and half back.

ravi kat said:
I thought they should stamp my passport too. But he just showed me an email that says no ADIT stamps. Am I the only one in this predicamant ?
I did not do biometrics - BTW what's that ? is it different from the regular FP ?
My code on 2nd FP was 1 but was done only a month and half back.
Did you by any chance get a copy of that email ? It would be interesting to know what the heck this is !!

Biometric is regular FP + they take ur digital photos (and DNA and whatever else will come in the future !)
Code 1 is regular 10 finger FP.

Biometric is code 2 or 3

Similar 120 day approval notice. I had my passport stamped today. Had to wait 2 hours even after an appointment. They give the appointment to 100 people within 1/2 hr :( . In any case , eventually the officer checked on some system and said that the status showed him that the biometrics have been taken from the previous fingerprinting :) . He didnt want to do biometrics unless I insisted -- I didnt.
But he took my original copy of the I-797 approval notice.

I am still wondering :confused: about travel issues with the stamp-- my friend warned me that it looks like a 2 Re stamp and he had problems years ago with boarding a flight to US with that stamp.

Last edited by a moderator:
gc11-17-03 said:
Similar 120 day approval notice. I had my passport stamped today. Had to wait 2 hours even after an appointment. They give the appointment to 100 people within 1/2 hr :( . In any case , eventually the officer checked on some system and said that the status showed him that the biometrics have been taken from the previous fingerprinting :) . He didnt want to do biometrics unless I insisted -- I didnt.
But he took my original copy of the I-797 approval notice.

I am still wondering :confused: about travel issues with the stamp-- my friend warned me that it looks like a 2 Re stamp and he had problems years ago with boarding a flight to US with that stamp.

Congrats on your stamping ! Every contact with CIS seems to be riddled with uncertainties.
You will most probably be sent for secondary inspection at POE to confirm that the stamp is genuine - you should carry a copy of the approval ( both 140 , 485 and if possible the Labor ) per murthy. Some airlines may insist , incorrectly , that the stamp is not enough. You can get a letter from the consulate if you want to be absolutely sure.

Ok. Now for some questions : Since detriot seems to be issuing stamps and columbus the only office that is not issuing it, can I go to detroit or any other office for stamping even though my local office is Columbus ?

Hi,

While taking the infopass appointment for passport stamping, do I have to take two seperate appointments for me and my spouse?

Hi,

I got my 485 approval , and waiting to get the info pass appointment ... no luck for last 15 day .. i am still waiting. my zip come under Washington DC ...
i think this office is having some problems ... for last 15 days i have not seen any posting of appointment by this office ...
my question is , is it possible to go to different office for stamping?
Thanks