pp stamping experience @SFO with InfoPass

gica

Registered Users (C)
InfoPASS is a very very very good idea!!!
I was scheduled for 9:45am and I got there at 10:10am.
I basically went thru, in and out to the dismay of tens of applicants waiting in outside line, inside line and in the room with chairs. I felt like I am in Great America or Disney Land with a FastPASS. You basically cut all the lines.
When I got there, a pretty big line was outside, I showed my InfoPASS paper to the guard at the entrance and he let me get in before everybody else (BTW, at the entrace was a sign saying that there are NO MORE TICKETS FOR STAMPING TODAY, but since I had the appointment they told me I was most likey to get one).
Then inside was another line for picking up tickets, I would say as big as the one outside. I was prepared to wait there when I saw a white line on the floor next to the queue where it was written InfoPASS (nobody in that line).
I went there and that how I cut the second queue and got my number which was starting with F.
Then I went in the room with chairs where I asked around and everybody was having numbers with C or D. In about 5 min somebody called my name and number and in another 5 min I was geting out with the stamp in the passport.
So again, I got there at 10:10am and I was exiting the building around 10:25am. That's it.

Gica

Great news - InfoPASS is apparently a god send. Thanks for this post and congrats on your approval :)

WAC 03-052-XXXXX
485 ND: Dec 2002
1st FP: 2/2003
2nd FP: 8/2004
Fax Inquiry: Aug 23, 2004

The wait continues.....

It sure does. Type in your zip code and it will automatically select the SF location even though the interface doesn't specifically show SFO as an approved location just as yet.

Thanks for sharing the info, but before celebrating over the FASTPass, I would take a look at the 03, 04 applicants who are sitting at home with their plastic cards in hand laughing over the FASTPass they received. So while you got a good deal by not waiting in queue, don't think a WAC116 getting an approval after YEARS of waiting qualifies for celebration on a speedy stamping.

But more power to you for not having to wait outside. :)

the following is my experience for PP stamping at SJ with infopass appointment on 08/23/04, the exact time I recalled might not be correct.
appointment at 9:45am 08/23/04
(1) 9:15am arrived, but not allowed in. nobody in appointment line, a few people in non-appointment line. Guard told me he would let me in at 9:30am (15 min before appointment time).
(2) 9:30am: allowed in, passed security check. my wife had food and drink in her bag for my 3-year-old son. I had to take them out and put back in my car.
(3) 9:33am: was told to go to window 3, one couple in front of me. got a number D509 for me, and D510 for my wife.
(4) 9:40-45am: sat down. looked around, 3 or 4 windows were open, one serving D506, one serving A, and one serving F,
(5) around 10:00am, D508 was completed, thought it was my turn, but all windows switched to work on F number. my son started crying because he was hungry.
(6) around 10:20-25, my number was called, went to the window, submitted all required docs. one minute later, my wife's number was called, shortly, another window started working on D number. they had 3 or 4 windows working on D number at the same time.
(7) my official said sorry to me, and left for a few minutes.
(8) my wife was done with her stamping.
(9) mine was done.
(10) around 10:40am, out.

hi Polyamine2004,

Did you have separate appointments for you and your wife or a single appointment? I am planning to go tomorrow, but I have only one appointment for both of us.