PP stamped at SJC today

Jack R

Registered Users (C)
Got there 5:10, already about 130 people before me, quite cold before sun-rise.
Entered the building at 9:00, security check, another line for number, got mine at 9:30. Sat down and wait, number called at 10:35, went to the window and handed in all materials, signature and finger print, also checked photo on driver\'s license, finally got 1-year stamp.
Out at 10:45 then immediately went to the social security office to update status so that I can get a new SS card. All set by noon.

BTW, I chose today to do the stamping because March 25 is the date Sauron was overthrown, if you follow me.

What are the other procedures need to be fulfilled?

Hi jack

Congrats on getting aprroved and stamped.
I had also my PP stamped today. Only difference was I reached INS 3:10 instead of 5;10 which is much better. It was so freezing at that time.
It also took me sme time as of you. I guess if this is all the time I would suggest everybody to go at around 5:00 AM.
B\'coz I cam out of INS with stamp @ 8:10AM which took around 5hrs for me to get the stamp. which is similar to yours.

Anyway wanted to ask about what are the other things that need to be updated once we get our stamp?
Only after seeing your posting I realized I need to SSN office to update my status.
If we go to SSN office, what are the documents required?
Could you pls. post them too.

Pavan

For SSN

Just your passport with the stamp, then fill a form and they say you shall get a new card in 10 days.

Looks SJC has changed PP stamp validity to 1year

Most of the people including me got our PP stamped for only six months. Are you sure it is one year?

So you get a new SS Number?

A quick question:

So you get a new SS Number?
Or new card with same number.

thanks

Yes it is now one year. Could you check your POE

I also went San Jose office today for passport stamping. I am surprised to get a 1-year stamp (valid until 3/24/2003), so is my wife\'s.

Could you guys do me a favour: could you check your POE. Is it the place in your last I-94 where you physically entered US, or is it the place where you got I-485 approval? Mine POE is where last time I entered US; but my wife\'s POE is SNJ, which is different from where she entered US. The DOE are both the I-485 approval date.