Postponing my FP

sarwarmd

Registered Users (C)
Please look at my signature of my info and my wife and my kids.

I will be sending my FP postponing request on Tuesday i.e. on 09-11-2012. I will be writing a letter stating that in the process of waiting of our daughter's I-1485s approval based on my wife's pending N-400 application.

I will be following FP notice letter suggested process to postpone my finger printing date. I want my daughters I-485s to be approved before my N-400 takes serious shape. If my N-400 is approved, my daughters pending I-485s will be denied because I-485s are based my employment based greencard.

Any light on this?? I know that this is not a straight forward case.
Thanks a lot in advance.

Don't postpone the FP. That might give just a 2-3 week postponement, which won't help you. And with your FP coming up in less than 10 days, they might not process your postponement request before the interview date, potentially resulting in your N-400 being denied for not showing up for FP.

Attend the FP as originally scheduled, but postpone the interview and/or the oath.

And if/when you request the postponement, don't mention the pending I-485 as your reason. Don't admit that your naturalization makes her derivative I-485 deniable. It's not even clear if USCIS even has a consistent policy on this; don't put the idea of the I-485 denial in their head.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the acceptable reason for postponing interview

Don't postpone the FP. That might give just a 2-3 week postponement, which won't help you. And with your FP coming up in less than 10 days, they might not process your postponement request before the interview date, potentially resulting in your N-400 being denied for not showing up for FP.

Attend the FP as originally scheduled, but postpone the interview and/or the oath.

And if/when you request the postponement, don't mention the pending I-485 as your reason. Don't admit that your naturalization makes her derivative I-485 deniable. It's not even clear if USCIS even has a consistent policy on this; don't put the idea of the I-485 denial in their head.

Hi Jack,
Thanks a lot for your response. What are acceptable reasons to postpone interview later! Can I give foreign trip as a reason to postpone the interview later!