POSTDOC'S will be counted for H1B Advanced Degree Cap Count...


Registered Users (C)
Your opinion is highly appreciated if you can throw some light on this issue....

With a Ph.D. from any other country apart from USA and doing a postdoc from US universities shall/will be counted for H1B Advanced Degree Cap Count? What are the other options for changing job to industry ( I REPEAT NOT ACADEMIA)…. Apart from Green Card processing? Your reply would be highly appreaciated…

Thank you in advance.


Registered Users (C)
Universities, certain nonproft organizations, etc.. are exempted from numerical cap for H1B purposes. If your H1B is obtained through this exemption, it cannot be directly transferred to a company job.
One way around this is to apply for O-visa with the new employer or apply for a green card.