Possible to renew TN if wife becomes US citizen?

tnchoice

I am a Canadian on TN and my wife has a US green card. My wife is eligible to apply for US citizenship soon, and I am curious about whether my wife becoming US citizen will affect my TN renew in the future?

You could renew your TN, but you would need to do this quickly after marriage before applying for GC, if you only had, say, 2 weeks left on TN, but would be better advised to (a) make sure before she takes citizenship that you at least have 4-5 months left on TN (b) stay in US after she gets citizenship, and (c) for your own GC based on her as soon as possible --like the day after her ceremony .

If you attempt to apply for a TN at the POE, and they discover you are married to a US citizen, it seems likely they would deem you to have "immigrant intent" and deny your application.

Sounds like you should arrange your affairs to apply for a GC immediately after she becomes a citizen, and plan to remain in the country until you get it.

Grant2 - curious about your statement, is this a common occurrence, refusing for immigrant intent? I have been on TN many years, married to my second american for 10 years now, never been asked about marriage, even when she is travelling with me across border.

38off, are you living in Canada? If not, the you have a horseshoe up you a$$, Even tourists are denioed entry for marrying a US citizen living in US.