Possible GC in 6 month? Atlanta - GA

Syrusss

Registered Users (C)
Possible GC in 6 months? Atlanta - GA

Hello all, my wife and I submitted I-30 I-765 I-485 at the end of November 2005 for my adjustment of status based on marriage. Just today 03/17/2006, we received our notice in the mail to appear for our interview on 05/16/2006. Assuming all goes well this means I should expect to receive my conditional GC in approximately 6/7 months after filing our paperwork. The quickness of this process is beyond any of my expectations. I was expecting our interview date to be in late 2006 or 2007. Does anyone else have a similar experience from in and out of the Atlanta area? I did not receive any notice in the mail stating that my I-485 has been approved. Would I be right to assume that if they ask you for interview, it has been approved? Is USCIS becoming more efficient? I would certainly like to hear from others who have shared similar experiences. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The mere purpose of the interview is to check whether or not the your relationship is genuine, and if so to approve the I-485. You can rest assured you're not getting the approval letter in the mail prior to attending the interview.

And it's not everywhere that USCIS is slow, it has more to do with the specific district office. My process with CIS took around 55 days mainly because my DO is fast.

When they approve it, do they let you know after the interview? It it always the case that they stamp your passport if approved or do they inform you of the approval or denial letter thru snail mail?

Hello,

They usually let you know right there, in my case they didn’t stamp the passport because they said they aren’t doing that any more unless there is a real emergency to leave the country. They promised I’ll get my GC within the next 6 weeks. My interview was last Wednesday (3/22) and yesterday (3/27) I received my Welcome to The United States letter, so I suppose my GC is on its way. By the way my case was in San Francisco, I sent the papers late October, was that fast or what? Good luck!

You can also check the Time Line forum for other cases in your area, and don't forget to check interview experiences and interview FAQ.

Thanks for the detailed response "NewUSPR". I will make sure to check the interview experiances and FAQ's on the site.

Similar experience

Hey we also got our interview 6 months after filing all the paperwork and doing our fingerprints. It seems too fast to us as well. Her friends all say it took them at least 2 years to get their appointment. Looks like some places are lightning quick and others slow as molasses. Let us know how it goes. Our appointment is May 11, 2006.

Good Luck!!!!

"Groon" Good luck to you as well. Hopefully this will be a pleasant and quick experiance at the AOS interview. :)