Positive?

posmd

Registered Users (C)
Anyone seen Lou Dobbs on CNN tonight? The attached immigration provisions in the Budget bills recieved attention. The opponents of the bill sounded as if this bill will likely go through. Opposition to this seems to be mainly in congress and with ultra conservative republicans. I am sure there will have to be some compromises made in conference but I do believe there will be some positives to come out of it. Even Senator Frist who is considered conservative has said he supports this as a interim stop gap measure! Hoping for the best.

I agree, but let us keep our fingers crossed. Lou Dobbs presented one sided view of the whole issue and only asked Tom Tancredo. He is known to be on the far right of Republican party opposing any immigration. The House and Seate is controlled by Republicans, but who knows how many are in favor of the bill and more importantly separate sections dealing with individual provisions. If there are more lawmakers like Tancredo and Lamar Smith, that might create more headaches for us all. Lets hope for the best.

If all Democrats plus 50% of Republicans vote for it I think it will pass.
Are we sure 100% of Democrats will vote for the overall Budget Recon bill ?

Tom Tancredo is a far rightist conservative republican.... and agree that his view may only represent one side of the story

If we can we get more "meat" from the left wing...that will definitely create a boost for our efforts...

By the way...is there some written text to send to send via/email to all our senators/republicans... or can someone point me where I can get this information.... I have already done the AILA one on capwz website

deba_sinh said:
I agree, but let us keep our fingers crossed. Lou Dobbs presented one sided view of the whole issue and only asked Tom Tancredo. He is known to be on the far right of Republican party opposing any immigration. The House and Seate is controlled by Republicans, but who knows how many are in favor of the bill and more importantly separate sections dealing with individual provisions. If there are more lawmakers like Tancredo and Lamar Smith, that might create more headaches for us all. Lets hope for the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
The bill will pass definitely, after all it is a budget reconciliation bill. The million dollar question is whether all the immigration provisions will be left there unscathed. I think that Democrats will not touch them, the problem will be those anti immigrant ultra conservatives who might weigh in if it turns out to be close. The democrats are opposing this bill mainly on account of the Medicare and Medicaid cuts, if atleast some of them do not budge then the Ultracons will have to be appeased as their votes matter more.
Interesting times, lets hope for the best.
BTW what a time to be EB2 worldwide. I just saw that NSC 485 processing time is down to 5 months, and 140 is less than 2 months, added to PERM in 2 months.......heck one could have a card in that route as if it were a 6 lane highway within 8-10 months! What a difference PD makes.
All this bull s*** needs to change and they really need to link their H1b numbers to EB greencard numbers. This whole complicated system is helping noone but the immigration lawyers and exploitative employers.....noone else especially not us and neither this country in general.

I think until yesterday rumours were that the immigration portion would most likely pass. However, according to NumbersUsa 150,000 faxes from reduction immigration folks were sent out to Senators opposing the immigration relief and hundreds of citizens called. Since it was not voted today due to the Senate closure, the immigration reduction folks will keep fighting to keep the immigration relief our of the bill. Interesting times, the good thing is we should have a final decision this week. Let's see how our weekend will be.

posmd said:
The bill will pass definitely, after all it is a budget reconciliation bill. The million dollar question is whether all the immigration provisions will be left there unscathed. I think that Democrats will not touch them, the problem will be those anti immigrant ultra conservatives who might weigh in if it turns out to be close. The democrats are opposing this bill mainly on account of the Medicare and Medicaid cuts, if atleast some of them do not budge then the Ultracons will have to be appeased as their votes matter more.
Interesting times, lets hope for the best.
BTW what a time to be EB2 worldwide. I just saw that NSC 485 processing time is down to 5 months, and 140 is less than 2 months, added to PERM in 2 months.......heck one could have a card in that route as if it were a 6 lane highway within 8-10 months! What a difference PD makes.
All this bull s*** needs to change and they really need to link their H1b numbers to EB greencard numbers. This whole complicated system is helping noone but the immigration lawyers and exploitative employers.....noone else especially not us and neither this country in general.