port priority date between I140's of different companies

usr_local

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I was offered Jan 2003 sub-LC by a company sometime back. I filed at the time in premium and promptly got an RFE. I beleive this company may have ability to pay issues since it has only 8-9 employees. Also, my dealing with them have been a boit shady as they never answer calls/emails promptly etc ...

My question is that if I proceed and we file a response to the RFE and it gets approved, can I immediately port it to another EB3 I140 I have from a larger, more stable company. Is there any time limit tha I have to work for the smaller company or any such restriction towards porting the priority dates.
How much time does this porting typically take. Does it only involve sending a letter to USCIS with copies of both approved I140's.

Also, I am kind of new to this Sub-LC game. Could anyone let me know the pitfalls, tricks these companies can play on us..

Thanks in advance

I140 portability

Hi

Sure You can use earlier PD with latest approved I140 with better and bigger company. Your earlier and current I140 should be still valid (not revoked).
EB2 to EB3 or other way it is fine.

All the best.

stunpad