Pondering if i can quality for Canadian Skilled worker program?

dsc1982

Well this most likely is yet another cookie-cutter story but here I go:

Out of college and no sight of sun shine above the horizon, I want to pack up and try my luck in Canada. Primarily do to my status in the US, which is "no status" at all. Over stayed my visitors visa, 14 years and counting. My immediate family has PR status, with the exception of me (that's another matter).

I am very curious if I have a shot at the shot at Canada. I was born in India, but raised in America. I know I should'nt have communication problems, but pardon my French, I don't speak any of it. I hold a bachelors in computer science (fresh out of college). I have family in Canada that are citizens. I do have work experience in my field unfortunately it's very low tech, however I've been doing it for 5 years. Is there any proof of employment that is asked during the application process? Because I get paid off the books.

Those are all the questions I needed to as (or so I think), any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stop pondering and apply for the PR..

you can see whether you qualify if you try the points test at the Canada immigration gov website..