Poll - Time to Send the Petition to CSC?

Should we Send the Petition Now?

• Yes, definetly send it now, we've waited long enough.

Votes: 45 77.6%
  • Let's wait until the end of August.

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Let's wait until the end of May.

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Let's not send it

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • ===============================

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • (also..... did have you signed the petition?)

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Yes, I have signed the petition

Votes: 38 65.5%
  • No, I haven't signed the petition

Votes: 4 6.9%

• Total voters

djh

I've just looked at the petition - currently there are 441 signatures.

I've also looked at Kashmirs extract. Of the WAC numbers he has, there are a total of 12,247 cases of which 3,184 are already approved leaving 9,063 "485 waiters".

441 signatures represents just under 5% of the list compiled so far. If we summize that with a more complete list of WAC cases we have approx 3-4% of signatures of all cases last year.

This is an amazing result.

I think in the last 2 weeks we've added maybe some 40 signatures and I personally think that by waiting for another month we may attract another 40.

So my point is that I think we should probably send the petition in now.

What does everyone else think?

i screwed it up....the second choice above should say wait until the end of april not august....and only the board moderator can change it!!! .

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting question here, is how long do we keep this poll open? I am amazed that out of the 188 page hits there are only 21 unique poll takers! This speaks a lot about the apathy and silent lurking of the people on this forum.

Come on people speak up! This is important to us. We need to get moving or stay in this quagmire for EVER!

But also interesting to note that most of the people polled, voted for early dispatch. We have waited long enough and want some action now!

I wish those silent lurkers never get their approvals. I'm sorry .. if you don't want to join the fight, you don't deserve the fruit.

Silly Man,

*sigh* if wishes were horses, we would have our green cards in hand by now! :p

But the page hit ratio vs the poll takers is truly pathetic!

Hey you want to come over for lunch prior to the hike?

Silly Man, gettingclosernow,

Can you guys believe it? There is actually a loser who feels that we should not mail the signatures in and hasn't signed the petition at all?

Though at that time I felt Silly Man was being to harsh in wishing these people don't get approved, I have changed my opinion.

I fail to understand how some people are either so dumb or so contrary that they can't see the simple logic behind getting our voices heard!

There is always a bunch of morons who in a poll asking for yea or nea say they don't know. I have never understood why they even bother casting their votes in the first place if they have no idea what they stand for in the first place. This is a further example of that behaviour!

Actually I can understand their position and don't have a problem with it.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and their reasons for not wanting to send it could be varied. This is why I included these voting options, as not everyone will necessarily agree with a petition. They may be frightened that there may be a backlash in general or against themselves personally by INS or they may have other reasons or they may just have the attitude I don't want to get involved.

I don't agree with their positions but can respect and understand them - I can only urge and implore that people do get involved to help theirs and our lot with INS because IN MY OPINION, doing nothing will get exactly that NOTHING.

gettingclosernow,
My opinion is to wait till end of April as it is only 7 more days. This might give those silent visitors and persons with strange opinion of not sending this petition, to change their minds.

-sunamb

wac 02-069-XXXXX

yes it would and it would be even better to have 5000.

But you do the math, if there are only 9600 gc waiters in all the CSC service area....how many of those will actually be aware of this board??? relatively few. I would have guessed less than 1%.

However to have almost 500 in such a small pool of people is actually quite phenomanal. With such a small pool it would be impossible to attract 1000 signatures.

So there is nothing magical about 10000, 5000 or 1000.

What is important is having a sizable list, which we have. This will send a loud a clear message to CSC. They've probably never had anything organized like this and I'm picking that they will sit up and take notice and will act.

People who don't want to sign the petition must be counted with the bunch of morons who want to be father without touching his wife .
Sorry friends if you can't be as active as SM,PCEE,Vipsha etc atlease you can sign the petiotion to do the least.

;)

Originally posted by ScorpionKin
People who don't want to sign the petition must be counted with the bunch of morons who want to be father without touching his wife .
;)

It could happen .. afterall how were they born? (And no they are not Jesus)

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by gettingclosernow
yes it would and it would be even better to have 5000.

But you do the math, if there are only 9600 gc waiters in all the CSC service area....how many of those will actually be aware of this board??? relatively few. I would have guessed less than 1%.

However to have almost 500 in such a small pool of people is actually quite phenomanal. With such a small pool it would be impossible to attract 1000 signatures.

So there is nothing magical about 10000, 5000 or 1000.

What is important is having a sizable list, which we have. This will send a loud a clear message to CSC. They've probably never had anything organized like this and I'm picking that they will sit up and take notice and will act.

gettingclosernow, I try and educate my friends in the same board about this board. They ask me questions, and I say, go to this board and ask a guy called PCee. Trust me, on this board or not, everyone's frustrated .. so do the same, educate your friends, and let them know of this board ... and that petition :).

yes you are right....i do the same thing and i have posted this link on other discussion boards.

my point was that even with these efforts the reality is that there are a variety of people across the various states that have no idea or inclination of this board

I am less concerned about people getting on this board as compared to signing the petition. Don't really care so much about the former. It is their loss. With the scanner's running full tilt we don't need as much input on their cases status as we do on this petition.

I wish people would wise up to the fact that there is a good chance INS will be motivated to do something about our approvals if they see so many potential voters pissed at their functioning.

Here's why I think it is so important for everyone to sign the petition and why I think the petition will generate results.

Listed below are the comments people have put on the petition. Take the time to read them. It's a pretty powerful message.

Now when you read them, put yourself in the shoes of this director, or senator or congress person. I know some of you will have the cynical view, i.e. they don't give a s*** about us, won't do anything etc. However I disagree.

If I were a director/manager at BCIS I would take to heart these comments. Why? because I have been a manager in several different companies and have owned my own business. And you make sure you take notice of your "customers", even if it's one. But to get hit with a list by so many will actually knock you over and you will get to the bottom of it immediately.

Now you can assume they are all a**holes and won't respond, or that they are fully aware of the problem and can't do anything or that they are lazy government employees. But I say, it appears they are making a concerted effort on clearing EAD's and AP's, why? Because they are painfully aware of the problem and do care about it.

Now to get a full list like this - I'm betting they will take action. And I think they will divert energy away from EAD's, AP's and 2nd FP notices.

here's what we've said on the petition......

It would be great if you could speed up the prcessing on the I-485 cases.

I think CSC processing speed sucks and needs your immediate attention. I am frankly amazed at what goes on with the INS/BCIS, and it is brushed under the carpets. Please give it your due attention.

My priority date is 01/01/2001 and my case has been taking too long; I got notice for FP only on 2/03 (more than 1yr later). I would greatly appreciate if you could kindly take appropriate measures to speeden up the AOS proce

I love United States, and I am contributing to this country, I spend a lot of money and time to apply GreenCard, it is unfair to let me and other applicant to wait endlessly and hopelessly.

Hi, Greetings. It's a long wait and it hurts my family too much. I greatly appreciate if you approve GC at the earliest. Thanks Rajkumar

The delays in approval of EADs and I-485s have made mine and my families lives very un secure.

I'd like to know why my I485 is being delayed. I undestand that delays could happen but it will make sense if CSC could keep us inform

This is a long and painful wait. Please help.

It is frustrating as the processing doesn't look consistent .

I have been waiting so long and I am concerned that CSC will not ever do a single AOS case.

This will really help us, the law-abiding, tax-paying applicants a lot and will ease a lot of tensions in this environment.

waiting for around 15 months now. FP expires soon. H1 already expired. EAD not approved since 6 months.

It has been almost two years, and INS does not have anything to ask me, but still it is taking infinte time.

CSC works in a ridiculous way --- stop for a time after doing a little job. Feel that they take as many naps as possible at work and work a little becuase they have enough and enough rest.

Our life's are on HOLD, because of this processing delays.

Unbelievable delay! Why do we, legal non-immigrants are the one's being punished at the expense of others and why does other centers process and not CSC or TSC.

If we look at VSC it is processing in a consistent manner, and CSC has moved just month in JIT 5 months, most recently they are not mailing receipt notices to EAD and AP renewals applied.

It is really frustrating even after 18 months of filing my 485, there is no results.

how many more EAD & AP renewals? howmany more waiting in the street in bitter cold for iEADs?

As of Mar 21, 2003, I am 443 days since my notice date. AOS should be nothing more than that, specifically an adjustment of status. This should be a short quick process. Instead it has been frought with delays and rfe's.

Please speed up the approval process.

The backlogs are outrageous! No processing for months and now no effort to pick up the speed.

This is a torturing experience with so much Unpredictability and uncertainty

Tired of waiting

Fingerprinting done on 10-JAN-2002

Finger printed in early Jan 2002 and waiting.

May god help us!!!

This whole process has taken about 2 years now for me and still there is no sign of 485 approval. There is so much frustration and disappointment because of the indefinite time it takes to get the approval.

even after 14 months still waiting for 485 approval

The process is very slow giving so much of stress waiting for the approval. It would be greatly appreciated if its speeded up.

Any effort to expeiate the processing is appreciated.

Request to look into and resolve the cause of this interminable delay in the I-485 petition process and approve my case at the earliest possible.

PD 08/31/1998 and tt has been a long frustrating wait. Please do help to speed things.

The wait time for approval of I-485 is unnecessarily long and there is no clear confirmation that my case is really being processed. I would like to have the process expedited and approval coming as soon as possible

For no good reason this is taking so long and we still don't know when this is going to finally happen. Opportunities of life are just passing away only because this approval is not coming. Please expedite the process !!!

Have some one look into this matter and get the processing done as soon as possible.

Is there any way we can volunteer to Speed up the processing. We are glad to help in this regard.

The I-485 backlog at the CSC should be less than six months. Immediately approve the cases which having been pending for more than one year.

The I-485 casesare delayed and the need for speeding up decisions on the cases is sought

Homeland security is of great importance especially after Sep 11th. Immigrants contribute to United States in a great way. We would appreciate if the INS would appreciate our service by processing our cases in time.

its more than 18 months now. no response yet.My fp notice was sent after 18 phone calls(only??) & 4 faxes(only??)

The wait is really painful!

Please adjudicate the cases as early as possible. It is causing a lot of inconvenience and consternation to all of us.

The delays in approval of EADs and I-485s have made mine and my families lives very un secure.

my FP was done on jan mid...and the processing resumed ion jan 18 2001. the fp validit is only for another 2 monthe after which CSA has to reshedule a FP and process that... I am really cponcerned with the speed adn the effe

It is 7 months since I have submitted my Aos Applications and my EAD application has not been approved as yet.

I haven't received either my I-485 approval or my EAD renewal approval yet. I have had to spend hours at the local service center to get two interim EADs so far. I see no end in sight to this nightmare.

long wait

None

It is about time , there were so many new reasons every month , lets start seeing some real approvals soon ..

My H1 is expiring and so are my EAD and parole for me and my family. My FP is also expiring in April'2003. TO avoid another round of these documents which will not serve any purpose please consider my application at the earli

This is my second application and it more than 14 months now. My first application was ridiculously denied after 11 months wait just because it was received by INS 2 days early.

My H1-B & AP expired, EAD expiring in May and its been a long wait for GC.

I request CSC authorities to expedite our long-pending I-485 applications. We all will be greatful if CSC could speed up the process and clear up all pending approvals at the earliest. Thanks

I am angry, dissapointed, and stunt at the way INS is treating us.

In this bleak economy, there can be more certainity to our future with green cards - I believe the certainity will also help us contribute better to the economy, since our view changes from a short term one (due to the uncert

The backlog and the uncertainty greatly affects the morale of many of the petitioneers and their family members. While it is clear that in these difficult times many other urgent matters may require the attention of the gover

Please speed up! Thank you

It's been a really long wait for us. We replied for the RFE and was received by CSC on January 11, 2002. Hope this petition helps in expediting our case's adjudication.

There is a SOP in CSC of sending RFE to every case if it takes longer than a year. This is another policy that add delay to the already slow cycle of case adjudications.

The delays in approval of EADs and I-485s have made mine and my families lives very in secure.

The delays in approval of EADs and I-485s have made mine and my families lives very in secure.

Just tired of waiting.

I've been waiting for over 15 months for my i-485 approval.

16 months since i filed 485. how much longer do i need to wait ???????

Hope things go better.

I pay the tax. I contribute a lot to US by working hard. Do not let this thing distract my efforts for serving US.

We have been hoping for Good for so many Months Guess It is 16 Months Over now . The laws keep on changing , sept 11 th , War , Creation BCIS and Transformation of INS. On top of that , the JIT's from CSC Doesn't make much

Anything to speed up the current processing speed will be greatly appreciated.

My wife got a great score in the Postal Battery test. Happily we showed up there, plans were to party later that evening. It was a rude shock when they told us that GC is requied to join. EAD is not good enough! Now it was no

I had a query for this case on august 2002 and I sent the required documents, and INS on-line case status shows, they have got the required documents on 09/05/2002, and it will take 160 to 180 days to process this kind of cas

A couple of years ago congress tried to mandate 180 days to adjust status and allow employment immigrants to change jobs if INS failed to accomplish the task in this time frame. Despite this attempt by congress to help the p

Its been over a year since we have been waiting for our greencard. We have also applied for AP and EAD second time. I havnt visited my pamily in Inida for over 3 years. PLEASE SPEED UP THE PROCESS! Thanks! Vinoo

May God have Mercy on us!

Pls speed up, too many backlogs.

Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

I have renewed my AP and EAD. Fingerprint was done on 1/25/02, it is going to expire soon. Please help!

The delay caused by the slow processing of the 485 is alarming. I do not want to go for an alternative solution as my 6-year stay on H1 completes. Hopefully the GC will come soon.

This has been a very frustrating wait period. Hope this signature campaign moves the inept INS. Good luck to everybody.

It's a huge pain waiting for the approval for a long long time. It should be approved within six months after the I-140 approval.

Please do your part in processing our application. Just remember, what comes around goes around. If you delay the processing of our papers, the economy of this country will not progress in the near future. No one will buy

It's has been a long wait .It is really hurting my family too much especially when we have paid from our pockets for the processing fee and extensions...

Don't know about Notice Date so leaving it blank

It is taking very long for the INS to process cases.

It's more than 15 months now. INS should approve our cases immediately.

I am a derivative applicant of my husband's employment based I-485. I received 2 RFE's for medical and INS received my response on Dec 20, 2002. I am yet to hear anything. I hope to receive the approval as soon as possible

Please work on our applications. We work hard to pay our taxes and live a decent life, please let's help each other here on earth. After all, your also human beings like us.

Please help us in our application. Don't tell us that you'll never get affected with your slow process, in the end you'll see it somehow that these delays will bite you. Immigrants won't have jobs, no jobs = no money. No m

Have mercy on us on our applications! If the same thing happens to you, you will know how painful it is to wait and wait. It's killing my family.

Please work on our files. Don't stack them on the shelves.

Our future is in your hands. What if the situation is the other way? What if we have your future in our hands? What would you feel?

I hope it gets going. Does help to plan when you have one.

CSC seems to be frozen in the ICE AGE - what will it take to heat up the processing time?

Please adjudicate the cases as soon as possible. I filled my case back in Jan 31st, 2001. I has been over 2 years now.

I got my finger printing done in February 2002.I would greatly appreciate if you could kindly take appropriate measures to speeden up the AOS process

This is a long and painful wait. We do not deserve this. We came here to work and have a decent life. We are not terrorists. Terrorists do not register with INS, and they do not come here to go to school to get a Master or PH

Please do consider our petition.

Please do consider our petition.

Please help us. I started my green card process in Jun 1998 and still waiting !!!!

It is almost 12 months and still waiting. INS should develop a proper system to speed up this backlog. Waiting for an approval for months shows inefficiency on INS part.

CSC!Please resume work

FP : Feb 2002. (nearing 15 month limit for FP). Spoke with CSC, reply CASE is with officer pending decision. This is the same reply for last 6 months.

Case pending with an officer. Reaching FP 15 month limit. EAD Extn pending.

The receipt date for my I-485 is Feb 5, 2003. Although it has been filed recently, I would like to support this petition to speed up all filed I-485 applications. Thank You.

I do not know whats going on with the CSC, I havent seen approvals in a long time. Since last five months I heard of only handful of approvals. CSC is making people life miserable.

Why is CSC not moving? Please ask them to expedite the process? Even EAD are taking longer than 120 days? CSC sucks!!

Have been waited for the green card approval after the interview for more than 3 months now.

I am tired, frustrated, and dissapointed.

We will really appreciate, if INS could move at its normal pace to process pending I-485 applications as the delay will cause us to exceed the 6+1 year H1-B limit and force to leave the country. Thanks, Pankaj Manchanda

CSC should really really consider speeding up I485 application process. Its frustating everyone to wait without knowing an ETA of a 485 approval and its affecting the applicants psycologically very very bad. Please help the b

Putting the adjudication of employment-based AOS on eternal hold does not help improve either security or the economy. Establishing an efficent process will help both.

My husband got his approval on feb5th 2002.I am still waiting for mine.It will be very helpful to our family if I get mine.

CSC CSC CSC ? ? ?

I am a us citizen so I never got a Receipt Date for I-485 OR Notice Date for I-485 just the form made me fill it out so picked the 1st one in the list hope it didn't cause an errror.

Processing is too slow

The process is excruciatingly slow. I wish someone does something about this soon to correct the situation

Have already had to renew the AP once and will have to renew the EAD again in a few weeks which is a waste of money and time (for me as well as BCIS officers).

please go ahead to process the i485. I have almost been waiting for a year.

The fact that there is no progress in I-485 application is very discouraging and it creates stress as a result of the prolonged waiting. Hope it can get going again soon.

If this slow pace continues, there will be a brain drain from the United States....I even considered taking up a job in Canada.

I am waiting for more than a year for 485 approval. I request INS to approve our long pending application at the earliest. Thanks

I heard that CSC is prefering renewal of EAD & AP application vs I-485. The irony is that they need to be renewed only if 485 application is not adujcated on time.

BCIS/INS has taken more than 14 months to process my application. Most 1-485 applications over the years have taken 11-12 months. I am still waiting on my approval notice, not knowing when it will arrive.

It's been almost now 13 months that I have applied for I-485, and it's still processing that of 11/26/2001. It's extremely frustrating to see things coming to a standstill for quite sometime now. Pl. expedite BCIS processing

I have been waiting since Jan 02. It's been more than 15 months, no news from INS !!!

Jit on 10/15/02 for 485 was -11/19/2001 Jit on 03/15/03 for 485 was -11/16/2001 7 months and no progress.

My EAD will expire by May 16th this year and hoping to get my passport stamped so that I can continue working.

My EAD will expire by May 16th this year and hoping to get my passport stamped so that I can continue working.

Can you help to speed up the process, I have been waiting too long, thanks

Please help to reduce the backlog in the I-485 application processing.

still waiting for I-485 APPROVAL for me and spouse after 16 months

I have wiated for one and half years.

Cleaning up I-485 backlog should have higher priority than EAD/AP backlog, because they can create more EAD/AP. Also no more RFE and 2nd finger print.

Could'nt beleive that the procesing times are accurate or not. Now the BCIS is processing applications with notice dates 11/16/2001.

I could'nt make out the basis on which BCIS (formerly INS) works in approving the cases. Cases with later filing dates are getting approved. It leaves with a hugh doubt that the applications are messed up or what? Why are

help me to get immigration in usa thank,s

This endless wait has put our lives on hold.

It is more than 18months since I filed my 485 b ut still no news.

Other Service centers are processing at a good pace, why not CSC.