Police Clearance

bonesmccoy4

Registered Users (C)
My fiance is a Filipina who just moved back to the Philippines after working in Thailand for three years. We just received our approval from the USCIS and are prepairing documents for the interview process. My question is this. In order for the Royal Thai Police to issue my fiance a Police Clearance Certificate, one of the documents they specifically ask for is a "Letter Request for Record check from US Embassy," how does one get this document? I can find it nowhere, even in the K1/K2 information packet or at the Department of State, USCIS, US Embassy in Manilla...nowhere! Before my fiance returned to her home country she went to Bangkok to the Thai Police station to obtain a police clearance certificate and was only able to obtain one for the "Athorities of the Republic of the Philippines only." She was unable to obtain a police clearance for the US Embassy in Manila because they told her she needed a "request letter from the US Embassy" and a "reason for the request," .ie a document stating what the police clearance is for such as a non-immigrant visa or Fiance Visa approval letter from the USCIS, which we have already. Does anyone know how or when such a request letter will be available, or where to obtain one, who issues one? I would appreciate any feedback or experiances anyone has on this subject.

U.S. citizens and some foreigners may be asked to present a "certificate of good conduct" or "lack of a criminal record" for a variety of reasons for use abroad including adoption, school attendance, employment, etc. U.S. law enforcement authorities may not be familiar with such a procedure since it is not commonly requested in the United States. There are a variety of options available to U.S. citizens and foreigners seeking to obtain proof of their lack of a criminal record.

Local Police Check: Go to your local police department where you reside or last resided in the United States,

FBI Records Check: The Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) centralizes criminal justice information and provides accurate and timely information and services to local, state, federal, and international law enforcement agencies, the private sector, academia, and other government agencies.

Getting Your Fingerprints Taken: U.S. citizens and foreigners should be able to download the fingerprint cards from the FBI homepage

Criminal Record Affidavit: In lieu of a criminal record check from the U.S., authorities may but not always also accept a sworn statement attesting that the applicant has no police record certificate