Police Clearance in India

Manisha1

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

As my friend live in Singapore now, he prefers to get the police clearance cerificate in India.

Where to get the police clearance certificate in India ( local police station or DSP office or SP office ) ?

Will canadian authority accept the police clearance cert. from India ?

Please help...urgent

With regards
Manisha

Indian embassy in Singapore

If you are refering to Indian Police certificate, since your "friend" is currently resident in Singapore the easiest thing would be to get it from the Indian Embassy in Singapore.

Police Clearance

Manisha

The best way to get a Police Clearance in India for a person who is living abroad should contact follow the procedure:

1. Locate the Embassy of India website in the country of living and try to download a form for Miscellaneous Services.
2. Fill up the form, this form will be for several services, including name change, address change, police clearance certificate and so on. Fill only where it is required.
3. Do not fail to include your original passport (only if you need the stamping on your passport) along with the copies of all the pages of the passport, travelling visa documents.
4. Enclose Money Order for the amount mentioned in the form (from USA, I enclosed $20 for normal service, if you wanted to have a faster service, call them and ask how much money you needed to attach for Expedited services along with the Speed Post charges)
5. Write a letter indicating your name, address and the purpose of requesting the Police Clearance Certificate. DO NOT FORGET THIS. They will provide PCC only for a particular reason.
6. Send it to the Indian Embassy and for normal process it should take 4-6 weeks and Expedited Process it may take lesser than one week. But always keep calling them and talk to them politely, they can help you in getting things faster.

I was recently in India and I got my PCC from the passport office. They also stamp you on the passport. I think it is the same procedure from the Indian Embassy here.

Hi all,
I have a doubt of whether I should submit the Police certificate at the first step of application submission.I have just now requested for Police cert from Indian embassy.They said that it would take 1 month.So should I wait till then to submit my application?

Thanks.

Regards,
Deepa

Police Clearance Certificate

Deepa

Its upto you when you want to send the police clearance, though I suggest these options:

If you do not want the immigration process to take too much time, you better send Police Clearance Certificate and FBI finger print card (incase if you are in USA only) to save much time. If you havent send these, after initial assessment, they will request for these and give you some 90 days for the submission. To open your case again, it might take few more days.

In other case, you first send the application without medical, police clearance and FBI finger prints (if a resident of USA) and immediately you can apply for police clearance and FBI (it might take collectively 10 weeks) and after 3 months of the date of submission, you can fix up an appoitment with a doctor for medical examination. This option will be good when you receive a letter from the Canadian Consulate for the submission of these papers and you can immediately send these papers to them without any delay. Regarding what I have mentioned about the medical is from own experience. The later you perform the medical, the more you have validity. Please note that the medical report is good only for a year.

Any questions, feel free to ask me :)

Mahesh

Police Clearance on Passport

ashrock11 said:
I was recently in India and I got my PCC from the passport office. They also stamp you on the passport. I think it is the same procedure from the Indian Embassy here.

Yes, the procedure is same. You have an option of getting stamped in your passport, yet it is not mandatory. All you need is a letter from the Embassy or Passport office that you that there is no adverse information on you.

Is it required to get PCC satmping on the passport?

Hi Mahesh,
As per your suggestion I am planning to apply for PCC. I donot want to (incase its not mandatory) to send my original passport to the embassy. What we will get from the embassy? Is it some kind of letter stating no criminal record found? Stamping on the passport is needed for PR?

Thanks,
Thomas.

maheshrudra said:
Deepa

Its upto you when you want to send the police clearance, though I suggest these options:

If you do not want the immigration process to take too much time, you better send Police Clearance Certificate and FBI finger print card (incase if you are in USA only) to save much time. If you havent send these, after initial assessment, they will request for these and give you some 90 days for the submission. To open your case again, it might take few more days.

In other case, you first send the application without medical, police clearance and FBI finger prints (if a resident of USA) and immediately you can apply for police clearance and FBI (it might take collectively 10 weeks) and after 3 months of the date of submission, you can fix up an appoitment with a doctor for medical examination. This option will be good when you receive a letter from the Canadian Consulate for the submission of these papers and you can immediately send these papers to them without any delay. Regarding what I have mentioned about the medical is from own experience. The later you perform the medical, the more you have validity. Please note that the medical report is good only for a year.

Any questions, feel free to ask me :)

Mahesh

PCC from Indian Embassy or from India?

is it better to apply from Us at Embassy or to Send the forms to india and submit them at the pasport office?

Also is it better to apply for the canadian immigration now and later submit these certificates or is it better to submit them along with the application.

Pcc

Thomas_Varghese said:
Hi Mahesh,
As per your suggestion I am planning to apply for PCC. I donot want to (incase its not mandatory) to send my original passport to the embassy. What we will get from the embassy? Is it some kind of letter stating no criminal record found? Stamping on the passport is needed for PR?

Thanks,
Thomas.

-------------------------
Hi Thomas

It is absoultely your wish whether to get stamped for PCC in Passport, what Canadian Immgiration want is, just a letter from the Government of India stating that you are not having any adverse report. I just stamped it only for my satisfaction, you can go ahead by filling up the Miscellaneous Service Form from any Indian Embassy and fill up the needed and send it to them with a personal letter stating that you need PCC just for the purpose of Canadian Immigration (this is absoultely important). The best bet is, just give them a call and ask them after a couple of days whether they received it and ask them how long will it take for the process. If you are in urgency, just go for Expedited services , which would save you considerable amount of time.

Note: You have to go through the Local Embassy!!!

All the best!!!

Mahesh

Pcc

moooonwalker said:
is it better to apply from Us at Embassy or to Send the forms to india and submit them at the pasport office?

Also is it better to apply for the canadian immigration now and later submit these certificates or is it better to submit them along with the application.

---------
Hi MoonWalker

1. Apply through the local Indian Embassy, this will not cost you much expenses aswell as time.
2. If you are not in a hurry, you can wait until they ask for it, but my best suggestion is:

If you have all (everything) documents ready: Send the application along with the Medical, PCC, FBI fingerprints and other documents immediately at the starting stage.

If you have few documents ready and something still to be done (such as medical or FBI fingerprint card): Just submit the application, and 3 months from the date of submission of application, apply for FBI finger prints, apply for PCC in Indian Embassy but do not do medical. When you receive the letter from Canadian Embassy to submit these documents, call the doctor for an appointment and do the medical (normally the appointment is given within a week) and send these documents within 10 days, though they will give you 60/90 days for these documents.

Hi Mahesh,
Thanks for the info. One more clarification. Indian Embassy site says you have to submit original passport for getting PCC. In case I dont want any stamping, photocopies of relevant pages will do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thomas.

Pcc

Thomas_Varghese said:
Hi Mahesh,
Thanks for the info. One more clarification. Indian Embassy site says you have to submit original passport for getting PCC. In case I dont want any stamping, photocopies of relevant pages will do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thomas.

----------------------------------------
Can you tell me which embassy did you see? I got through Washington DC and they said it is just optional. You better confirm it by calling them.

- Mahesh

maheshrudra said:
---------
Hi MoonWalker

1. Apply through the local Indian Embassy, this will not cost you much expenses aswell as time.
2. If you are not in a hurry, you can wait until they ask for it, but my best suggestion is:

If you have all (everything) documents ready: Send the application along with the Medical, PCC, FBI fingerprints and other documents immediately at the starting stage.

If you have few documents ready and something still to be done (such as medical or FBI fingerprint card): Just submit the application, and 3 months from the date of submission of application, apply for FBI finger prints, apply for PCC in Indian Embassy but do not do medical. When you receive the letter from Canadian Embassy to submit these documents, call the doctor for an appointment and do the medical (normally the appointment is given within a week) and send these documents within 10 days, though they will give you 60/90 days for these documents.

Mahesh, Thanks for responding :) . well i am planning to apply after i get my finger prints and PCC since that seems to be a more better and less processing time. Would you adive geting medical done before applying or wait until i am asked to submit?
Also should we have the PCC written on passport or just have a certificate. The embassy charges 20$ for PCC and 20$ to have it on passport.
Also are there any good websites to search for jobs in canada. I did not find any good ones on Google search.
Thanks

moooonwalker said:
Mahesh, Thanks for responding :) . well i am planning to apply after i get my finger prints and PCC since that seems to be a more better and less processing time. Would you adive geting medical done before applying or wait until i am asked to submit?
Also should we have the PCC written on passport or just have a certificate. The embassy charges 20$ for PCC and 20$ to have it on passport.
Also are there any good websites to search for jobs in canada. I did not find any good ones on Google search.
Thanks

-------------------
Mahesh -

Moonwalker, my best advice (rather let me put it as suggestion) is, if you are planning to do medical later, (becoz it is valid for just one year and incase if it elapsed, you have to do it again freshly), you better do the FBI finger print and PCC also later because, it would not cost you any more extra time for these. If I am not sure, the FBI fingerprint may also be valid for just one year (Im not exactly sure, though I logically thinking one cannot use the fingerprint taken 5 years back). If you want to do everything together at the initial stage or everything else together when they are asked.

Regarding the websites for job, I am not quite sure, you may try Dice.com and a couple of canadian sites such as http://www.workbrain.com/index.jsp
www.keane.com.

Best of Luck.

You are supposed to do medicals only after you recived the request from canadian consulate,
Ofcourse this is for independent catergory ! They will send you Medical forms and we need to take that to Doctor,

Medical are sent at the time when they do the Initial Assesment, If No interview you can go a head and schedule the Medicals immidetley ,
If you need to attend interview wait for the Date and do the medicals,
Medicals are valid for 1 year

FBI or Indian police certificate is only valid for a limited period 6 moths I believe , so it is no use to submit whith the application !

They are going to request it again !

Thomas_Varghese said:
Mahesh,
Its the embassy in NY. They say , Passport in original is required:
http://www.indiacgny.org/php/showContent.php?linkid=189

Thanks,
Thomas.
-----------------------
Thomas, I am sorry for the above one, passport is required. I am not quite sure, whether one has to get stamping in the passport, but let me tell you from my experience. I did sent the application without passport and for next 4 weeks, they havent sent me any indication about the process. I called them and the officer(?) told me that since I havent sent my passport, they did not continue the PCC process. I asked them why I havent notified by any letter about the passport, the officer(?) again told graciously that she tried to call me. Nevermind, she told me to send me either the passport OR its photocopy but I sent her both the passport and the photocopy along with additional amount of $20 for Expedited services, and within next 3 days, the process was completed and I got it within a week. Let me tell you honestly, though I was so much irritated by the attitude, I was polite throughout the conversation and the officer(?) told she will do it immediately and she maintained her words.

vvdv2003 said:
Hi all,
I have a doubt of whether I should submit the Police certificate at the first step of application submission.I have just now requested for Police cert from Indian embassy.They said that it would take 1 month.So should I wait till then to submit my application?

Thanks.

Regards,
Deepa

will the application submitted w/o the PCC be accepted?