Point calculation for Canadian PR

tulsr

Hi Folks
I am going to apply for permanent residence for Canada. I have already done the self assessment but I have some doubts on the point calculation on Factor 6-Adaptability part. Here is the link that I look at. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG74.asp

I am married. My wife's level of education is Master's degree where I am supposed to be able to claim 5 points on Factor 6- Adaptability Factor (A. Spouse or common-law partner level of education). But the problem is that my wife does NOT want to accompany me to Canada until I get a job there and settle down for 1-2 years. And I think I can sponsor her later when I get the PR and can settle down there. So there is no point to apply for her now. And I can save about $1,050 as well.

My question is that will I get these 5 points on Factor 6- Adaptability Factor if my wife does NOT ACCOMPANY me to Canada? As far as I can check, it does not say anywhere that in order to claim 5 points, the spouse has to ACCOMPANY the applicant to Canada. (eventhough it is logical that the spouse has to accompany in order to get 5 points).

And are there any complications if I apply for myself only first and will sponsor my wife later? Will it decrease the chance that I will get the PR?

Could anyone shed some lights, pls? These 5 points are very important (meaning pass or fail)

Thanks
:)

As long as you are applying as a married applicant, your wife needs to undergo medical and be processes as your spouse. You both can then land during the validity of your visas. She can then go back and continue to live where you live today. Once she deems you have settled in Canada, she can join you. So in short, you can use her qualifications to add points.

I am married. My wife's level of education is Master's degree where I am supposed to be able to claim 5 points on Factor 6- Adaptability Factor (A. Spouse or common-law partner level of education). But the problem is that my wife does NOT want to accompany me to Canada until I get a job there and settle down for 1-2 years.

Thanks Triple Citizen
What if I specify in the application form that my wife does NOT ACCOMPANY me since she does not want the PR at the same time as myself, will I get these 5 points on Adaptability or not?

Thanks again

Adding to my above post, the reason for doing that is that I wanted to save an application fee. Without appplying for my wife, i would save about $1040. So does it really work in the way I understand? And any comments on whether I will get the 5 points if my wife does not accompany??

Thanks

Adding to my above post, the reason for doing that is that I wanted to save an application fee. Without appplying for my wife, i would save about $1040. So does it really work in the way I understand? And any comments on whether I will get the 5 points if my wife does not accompany??

Thanks

hi

as far as i understand this process, even though your wife does not want to settle down in the beginning but only come when you are settled, you still have to include her in the application..so don't think you can save on that fee :eek:

and i think i read somewhere on this threads that she will have to undergo medical process. the rest is as triple citizen said....she can just complete the landing process and go back.

dhm2002

Tulsr,
Dhm2002 is correct. You are neither saving money nor processing time by exclusing your wife (which is not possible). So apply as a couple, land as a couple and then she can return while you settle in.
Good luck!!!