POE for renewal

k_nraj

Registered Users (C)
First of all I'm sorry that I don't remember the previous thread on this

My renewal is due in end of October and I want to find out which is the best POE to pick. I'm in Boston, MA and previously I've done at the Rainbow bridge POE. Needless to say, the first time was a nightmare, with one rejection at the Lewiston and two at the Rainbow and the forth time when I got the approval I couldn't believe. During the renewal just the NORMAL wait time of hour and half. But was OK

Where did you get your information from? What's the 45 days all about? You file your extension either online or through the mail as long as it gets to USCIS before the TN expires. If you have a souse, you can send in an I539 at the same time to renew her TD.

Once they receive it, you are good to stay and work for another 240 days. The only catch is that if you leave the country, when you re-enter, you will have to apply at the POE for a new TN. The mail in one will become null and. You do need to let USCIS know if you're received a new one at the POE after you file it online or by mail.

And you don't need to do premium processing.

There are a thousand posts about renewing by mail and online in here.

Where did you get your information from? What's the 45 days all about? You file your extension either online or through the mail as long as it gets to USCIS before the TN expires. If you have a souse, you can send in an I539 at the same time to renew her TD.

Once they receive it, you are good to stay and work for another 240 days. The only catch is that if you leave the country, when you re-enter, you will have to apply at the POE for a new TN. The mail in one will become null and. You do need to let USCIS know if you're received a new one at the POE after you file it online or by mail.

And you don't need to do premium processing.

There are a thousand posts about renewing by mail and online in here.

Thank You TRC & simsd

I bought a kit before and it says mail in should be applied between 45 days to 6 months before the current TN expiry. I'll disregard this info and will go ahead and apply online. I have registered myself with USCIS just to know the details about 3 months back. Can I use my personal info for TN renewal or it have to be registered by the company HR with their SSN or company Tax ID?

Okay that answers my question as to where you got the info from. The reason the kit says 6 months to 45 days is so you will receive the new before the old one expires. That's all - nothing complicated.

I think you're OK to do it on your personal email. It's not like they are checking all of this stuff. If it ever came up all you have to say is HR wanted you to follow the progress. If memory serves me correct I used my personal email to do everything.

go to the USCIS website and look under forms. Somewhere in there it will tell you what forms you can file online. You're looking for I-129.