POE and coronavirus, border closure?

So, you got questioned more and finally got TN or they sent you back without issuing one?

As I said, I had TN already which I didn't give notice to the employer prior to traveling POE and making a U-Turn at the border without entering into Canada. Was going for a new TN for another opportunity. The officers kept professional and ask that I keep my current TN/Job, since its currently 'not essential'.

Nimc2002 - Not sure the point of all these questions. my initial point was unless you're in the health profession it's NOT worth taking a chance to travel.

Thanks Nomad1, as you realized, asking about how you qualify for TN is NOT the point of this thread. Right, Mimc?

As I said, I had TN already which I didn't give notice to the employer prior to traveling POE and making a U-Turn at the border without entering into Canada. Was going for a new TN for another opportunity. The officers kept professional and ask that I keep my current TN/Job, since its currently 'not essential'.

Nimc2002 - Not sure the point of all these questions. my initial point was unless you're in the health profession it's NOT worth taking a chance to travel.
So, don't go for TN right now? Tell my employer to wait?

Thanks Nomad1

Hi everyone,

I am new this forum and just got a job offer from US. I just received a job offer from a hospital with the title: Clinical Research Project Manager. I just read through this thread from page 1 and it seems the Peace Bridge border office is processing TN application which is good. I guess my No. 1 question is that if my job title would qualify for "essential" category and it is worth of trying under such a unique time? Any comments or thoughts are really appreciated!

Any job related to health care should be fine. If you r Canadian working for US hospitals you should be ok to get a TN visa.

Hi everyone,

I am new this forum and just got a job offer from US. I just received a job offer from a hospital with the title: Clinical Research Project Manager. I just read through this thread from page 1 and it seems the Peace Bridge border office is processing TN application which is good. I guess my No. 1 question is that if my job title would qualify for "essential" category and it is worth of trying under such a unique time? Any comments or thoughts are really appreciated!
Daniel - Please check Nafta eligible Job title list to make sure your Job title matches and also the responsibilities. Otherwise during border crossing you might face some challenges. Also in TN you cant have any direct reportees.

Hi prbak, thank you so much for your message and very important information. It seems like the "Biologist" is the most relevant jot title instead of a management although what I will be doing is mostly research related activities. It's really helpful to know that TN holders can't have any direct reportees. I will ask legal staff to avoid those words when drafting my job duties. Thank you again!

Daniel - Please check Nafta eligible Job title list to make sure your Job title matches and also the responsibilities. Otherwise during border crossing you might face some challenges. Also in TN you cant have any direct reportees.

Never closed border. I called poe a few times, always they answered that they were processing tn visas. one time they mentioned Michigan is closed hence you cant drive in Michigan if anyone coming to poe form US to get TN.

If POE is open and if we are going from US to peace bridge POE can we visit directly to POE office or we have to take a U turn in the bridge to enter US border? Thanks

U'turn, don't you have phone ? just call them and ask. when i called into poe, the officer only told me that to take U'turn and come back to the 1st processing window, then to 2nd processing office to get TN.