POE and coronavirus, border closure?

HI everyone, just a note that yesterday I successfully obtained a TN-1 at the Buffalo Peace Bridge POE. So as of now, TN applications are still being processed despite border closures.

Congratulations. Good News to hear TN are being processed. Any additional scrutiny during interviews ?

My interview was very short. I was asked whether the position was "essential". I am working in media and misinformation during pandemics, so I was able to make a case that it was essential. Otherwise, there were very few questions.

@hr_birds
HI everyone, just a note that yesterday I successfully obtained a TN-1 at the Buffalo Peace Bridge POE. So as of now, TN applications are still being processed despite border closures.

congrats!
can you give us some more details on the experience at the border etc

Hey Folks,
I got some insight/advice from other Canadian professionals in the past on this forum. So, here is my own advice, If you're Canadian requesting a new TN, renewing or switching your active TN to a new employer (my case) at a POE do not attempt this, I tried this two days ago and it didn't go so well. Company lawyers might convince you of its 'essential' within the guidelines, but with the current major public health crisis happening its not worth it.

CSA.
In a normal situation, I hadn't noticed any diff between the Peace bridge or Lewiston Bridge for TN before. But, this is not a normal circumstance.

CSA.
In a normal situation, I hadn't noticed any diff between the Peace bridge or Lewiston Bridge for TN before. But, this is not a normal circumstance.

The official CBP circular is not talking anything about TN Issuance, just says "essential travel" and under it, Medical Professionals/Agriculture Workers. Not sure, if this excludes other TN types.

So, you got questioned more and finally got TN or they sent you back without issuing one?

The official CBP circular is not talking anything about TN Issuance, just says "essential travel" and under it, Medical Professionals/Agriculture Workers. Not sure, if this excludes other TN types.

So, you got questioned more and finally got TN or they sent you back without issuing one?
Hi,

What is your degree in, how Many years have you worked in Computer Science?
What's your TN category in?
What did officer say or ask?

Hey Folks,
I got some insight/advice from other Canadian professionals in the past on this forum. So, here is my own advice, If you're Canadian requesting a new TN, renewing or switching your active TN to a new employer (my case) at a POE do not attempt this, I tried this two days ago and it didn't go so well. Company lawyers might convince you of its 'essential' within the guidelines, but with the current major public health crisis happening its not worth it.
This is why I asked Nomad1 I am sorry for your experience. We're you rejected because of degree, because of category and Job being different? Or Coronavirus was the reason and officer said it's "not essential"?

CSA.
Hi Nomad1 , I understand it is difficult. I asked you because I have an offer from a multinational. They are sending me the Job Letter written by their lawyer not mine. I have to apply for TN. I want to know if I should apply. So, I asked were you rejected/refused due to CHANGE IN border officer's behaviour / was it covid19 reason / is this "essential" or "not essential" / TN visa is getting me a job paying for my bills in Canada and then I am paying TAXES to support USA. If I have a job that already means this company could not find anyone! I am an MBA application is under "MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT".

Who went to apply for TN visa after March 30th - Anyone can reply who has applied. We know 3 have responded to this thread - 2 rejected, 1 accepted. Each person's case is different that I understand. Anyone applied within Ontario at POE?