PM from a Member about hacking

ar888

Registered Users (C)
Just got a PM from a member.... (Not sure, if our software has this kind of notification system)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
20th December 2004, 05:16 PM
JoeF
Registered User Join Date: May 2002

Somebody tries to hack my account

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi again,

I just got a message that somebody tried to log into my account:
"The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 12.152.133.254"
This is certainly not my IP address. I of course have my suspicions about the person(s) who tried this.
In any case, can you please inform the relevant people to investigate?
For reliable advice, consult with a competent immigration lawyer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

While we're on the subject, please take a look at the active thread in the "After the GC" forum with JoeF and the usual suspects. This is clearly disruptive and something needs to be done.

I did

operations said:
Thanks folks. I will take a look.

Monica, please review and speak with me.

I also want you to explore the feature of "ignore list." As I recall, there is a feature in our forums, if we put someone on our ignore list, we no longer see their posts. If indeed that is so, headline the feaure on all forums so people can ignore. This is in addition to what we normally do about deleting/banning.

I have been thinking about doing something nice for our dedicated moderators. Your suggestions please? Remember, you are making suggestions for all. So please dont be shy.

Be cool and happy holidays.

PS No, the firm cannot afford to gift cars like Oprah does. :D

Just got one more PM from him.

Private Message: Re: Somebody tries to hack my account
21st December 2004, 03:40 PM
JoeF

Re: Somebody tries to hack my account

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

there has just been another attempt at hacking into my account, from the same IP address:
"Your account on ImmigrationPortal Forums has been locked because someone has tried to log into the account with the wrong password more than 5 times. You will be able to attempt to log in again in another 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 12.152.133.254"

Please forward to the admin.
Thanks.

First of all, thanks for appreciating work we all do as a moderator.

Personally I don’t think we need special recognition from “http://www.Immigration.com” for our work as a moderator. We all have already gained a lot from this website by just visiting it.

I also would like to congratulate you for winning hearts of so many immigrants over the years. Your website has been a ray-of-light for many immigrant and it is, if not the best, one of the top two-three websites to share/gain information related to immigration.

God bless you and all the people who are involved with “http://www.Immigration.com”.

Thanks again for giving us an opportunity to help you with this unselfish effort.

Last edited by a moderator:
One more PM

21st December 2004, 05:20 PM
JoeF

Re: Somebody tries to hack my account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar888
I did.

And again, from the same IP:
"Your account on ImmigrationPortal Forums has been locked because someone has tried to log into the account with the wrong password more than 5 times. You will be able to attempt to log in again in another 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 12.152.133.254"

I assume that the person who does this wants block me from posting...
Anyway, this is getting tiring. The person at that IP address should be banned.

thanks

I have sent a warning to the IP address that is being reported as hacking into this user's account. If it happens again, I will look more into this.

thanks