Pls help me with the First time TD visa process for the Fiji citizen Wife!!

CanadaIndianGuy

Registered Users (C)
Currently I am working on TN visa in USA which is Valid till Apr 2008. and, I am married with a Fiji Citizen girl in Aug 07. Now, she has got her Fiji Passport recently. and now, I want to start the process of getting her TD visa in fiji.
I am also planning to apply for her Canadian PR application at the same time.

I suppose, TD visa is something that she should be able to get promptly than her Canadian PR. Now, I am planning to visit her to Fiji in Jan 08. And I wish to bring her to US with me. So, I am planning about her US Consulate appointment for the Spouse TD Visa.

1) Now, Please tell me the overall Process for her to obtain the TD visa. What documents should I be sending her? And what kind of documents that she should be having with her for the Interview Day?

2) Please note that, we had a small Court marriage in Fiji; and we are having the Marriage Certificate from the Registrar. As I am not Religiously married to her yet ( means in hindu customs ways), the Fiji Marriage Registrar Lady had mentioned to me that US Consulate may ask for the Proofs and Photos of Religious Ceremony as well.

I am planning to Religiously wed her in my Jan 08 visit. Should I ask her to take the appointment after my Proposed Wedding Date? Or Can she obtain the TD visa with the current Proof of Court marriage with a few Family Photos with the Registrar Lady??

As I may be able to get around 8 days for the Vacation, I want to make sure that I must be able to bring her to US with me in my Jan visit.
Please advise me on my above Two issues!!!

thanks a lot!

What documents should I be sending her? And what kind of documents that she should be having with her for the Interview Day?

She'll need a copy of your I-94, marriage certificate, birth certificate, and some recent paystubs of yours.

As I am not Religiously married to her yet ( means in hindu customs ways), the Fiji Marriage Registrar Lady had mentioned to me that US Consulate may ask for the Proofs and Photos of Religious Ceremony as well.

There's no requirement that you be religiously married to your wife in order for her to get a visa.

a Few more TD Preparations questions!!

Thanks for giving prompt reply to my previous questions!
Now, Please answer this:

1) Does she need Certified copies of my Documents? OR the scanned copies through Email are good enough for the interview?
2) Are the passport copies good enough , because I do not have my Birth Certificate?
3) I also referred to the US visa website, in which she is required to fill up the forms DS 156 and DS 157.
But,The link https://evisaforms.state.gov/ds156.asp for DS 156 indicates on Top right corner that this form is expired in 9/30/07. What is the latest Form that needs to be filled out now?

1. She doesn't need much from you: a photocopy of your I-94 is sufficient. She will need originals of HER marriage cert, and HER birth cert, not yours.

2. Again, she needs HER passport, original of course. Don't see why they would need anymore than a copy of your picture page.

3. She will need to fill these forms.