Pls, help!! How long it will take for 485 approval?

cwjshykw

Registered Users (C)
Dear. friend.

I got I-140 approval already. Actually, I didn't file I-140/I-485 concurrently.
So, if I file I-485 now, how long it will be expected to be approved?

Recently, some case of concurrent filing are approved fast. But, my case is not a concurrent filing. Could you let me know if there is anybody who know or has a experience?

Thank you a lot

What did you all these days waiting for 140 approval?

You should have applied for 485 the moment you heard about concurent processing. Instead of worrying about how long is going to take for 485 processing, go ahead and apply for 485.

cwjshykw said:
Dear. friend.

I got I-140 approval already. Actually, I didn't file I-140/I-485 concurrently.
So, if I file I-485 now, how long it will be expected to be approved?

Recently, some case of concurrent filing are approved fast. But, my case is not a concurrent filing. Could you let me know if there is anybody who know or has a experience?

Thank you a lot

just go for CP is you haven't filed 485.

california_gc said:
just go for CP is you haven't filed 485.

Hi! California gc

Does I-485 take long if I file now for my case?
Now, I'm applying CP, but my case is stuck in USCIS. I'm not sure when my case will be started. That's the reason that now I'm considering to change to I-485.

Is there any news or update of I-485???
Thanks

I presume the California Service Center processing date for employment-based I-485s will give you the best guide. They are now processing cases filed in September 1st 2004.

In my experience, this is a good estimate for cases where everything goes smoothly - i.e. no RFEs, all documents in place, no name check or fingerprint problems, I-140 already approved.

cwjshykw said:
Hi! California gc

Now, I'm applying CP, but my case is stuck in USCIS. I'm not sure when my case will be started. That's the reason that now I'm considering to change to I-485.

Thanks

What is your PD? Are you EB2 or EB3.
It depends on your PD and the category. If you are EB3 and PD is before Apr 2002, apply now and you should hear in the next 5months or so. Even if you apply for a CP, getting an interview date takes almost 4-6 months.
Let us know how it goes.

Hi! PositiveGC

Yes, I'm in EB3, and my post date is July/2001.
I just worry about how long it will take, but nobody knows.
Some people who has a good experience in 485, they might recommand it, but some who are not, they will not.
But, I already had bad experience from CP, poo~ but, it may not all the cases...

If I had a confidence on 485 for faster processing, I'd like to change it right now. So, that's the reason that I want to hear other people's opinion & news.

Thanks

CP to AOS (I-485)

cwjshykw said:
Hi! PositiveGC

Yes, I'm in EB3, and my post date is July/2001.
I just worry about how long it will take, but nobody knows.
Some people who has a good experience in 485, they might recommand it, but some who are not, they will not.
But, I already had bad experience from CP, poo~ but, it may not all the cases...

If I had a confidence on 485 for faster processing, I'd like to change it right now. So, that's the reason that I want to hear other people's opinion & news.

Thanks

I changed from CP to I-485 after I-140 approved. You mentioned only "how long" but you might want to think about other issues too. The reasons I made the change were :
1. my spouse can get EAD
2. I also can get EAD, means I might be able to get a scond job
3. both of us going to our county will cost a lot, travel fees, taking off from job, staying hotel for 5 to 8 days, get medicals done, photo taking....$$$$
4. my lawyer cannot help us just in case something happen at CP interview.

Also, you must have valid visa to go your country. CP interview might take 7 or 8 months (e.g. my counry). Well, I don't know for I-485 but I just had an RFE only 3 months after of my I-485 ND (12/16/04) and I'm hoping this could be a last step for my approval because I had I-140 RFE and have sent a lot of information already.

Hope this will help. Make a list for 'good' and 'bad' and have a meeting with your lawyer. I had meeting with mine twice and he did not say which one is better, for his protection I guess, but he pointed out the differences of process. (I had sleepless nights when I was in "CP or AOS" time...)

Last edited by a moderator:
cwjshykw said:
Hi! California gc

Thanks

i am stuck in 485 so i have no confidence in 485. but CP is not cheap either. you are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

tough...

Hi! Dear.

Thank you for your all opinions.

I think everybody's opinion has a point.
Actually, as I wrote above, I had problems for every steps (initially LC, but later I-140, too), so the reason that I wanted to CP is that I wanted to leave CIS :eek: . I had to wait until my case is in order, and even there is no problem, they sent REF for my case. In my company's 2 co-workers, I haven't seen any problem like mine on their cases.

But, still, CIS is holding my case, not to send my case to CP process. :mad:
The most important thing for me is "when can I get my green card". That's the key.
I don't believe CIS, but if they keep holding my case for CP, I have nothing except to change to I-485.

But, I had bad luck on LC & I-140...so, I'm just a little frustrated...

Could you share your itinerary with us?

california_gc said:
i am stuck in 485 so i have no confidence in 485. but CP is not cheap either. you are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

tough...

I'm sorry but, is there any rule for person whose "PD date is before 2002/Apr"?? Or, just statistic???

Positive4GC said:
What is your PD? Are you EB2 or EB3.
It depends on your PD and the category. If you are EB3 and PD is before Apr 2002, apply now and you should hear in the next 5months or so. Even if you apply for a CP, getting an interview date takes almost 4-6 months.
Let us know how it goes.