Pllllleeeeaaase advice, my lawyer is very strict....

485GCCase

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

Sorry to bother you all again and again..............but here is my pathetic situation.....

I filed my I485 on Feb 22,2002 and lost my job in April, 2002. I had not told this to my lawyer as I had a feeling that she might not support me as I lost my job in < 180 days.....I thought may be I'll get approval without RFE......as I don't have money to spare on another lawyer.

Now I have got RFE for employment letter with description of my position, hire date and salary from my employer with last 2 months paystubs. I have it from my current lawyer whom I joined after 180 days of I485. I LIED TO MY LAWYER THAT I HAD MY PREVIOUS JOB UNTIL SEPT, 2002.....BECAUSE I ASSESSED THAT IF I TELL HER THE TRUTH SHE WILL NOT LET ME HAVE MY GREEN CARD.

My lawyer wants paystubs till sept month from my previous employer; which I don't have. I have everything at present what BCIS wnats (emp. letter and paystubs of last 2 months) but don't have paystubs from my previous employer covering 180 days. Please guys guide me here.....what should I do? I am in a big soup here!!!

Thanks in advance

hey man.. be strong!!!

First, politely write a letter to your lawyer that you don't need her to represent you any more. You will represent yourself.

Then send all the documents by urself. We are not perfect in this world. If she can't get it, who cares.

Your attorney doesn't represent CIS. Your attorney should represent you, if not you can fire her any time.
You can reply to RFE yourself, ask your attorney to handover the RFE from CIS to you. If she doesn't
handover your RFE you can threaten her with ethics committee complaint.

You are fine.

Truth

Tell your attorney the truth, and if he/she is willing to work with you, then its fine. Otherwise find a good attorney and reply the RFE through them.
Good Luck! You approval is coming soon. :)

This is a moral to other filers: Never lie to attorney or Doctor.

Originally posted by compaqdb
I think you can reply the RFE by yourself. You don't have to use your lawyer.

Has anyone done it by him/herself here. Besides the documents BCIS has asked for ; what else do I need to send? Do I need to send AC21 letter written by me?

Re: Truth

Originally posted by ihack1
Tell your attorney the truth, and if he/she is willing to work with you, then its fine. Otherwise find a good attorney and reply the RFE through them.

Thanks for the advice but if I tell my lawyer the truth; can she harm me by informing BCIS in any way?

This is what happened in my case:

1) Filed labor and 140 from VA state - 140 at Vermont.
2) While filing 485, I was in GA. My attorney who is in VA - Richard E Dunn said that he has to file at Texas.
3) Tried to argue with the lawyer, but he was very rude and said he wouldn't do it.
4) Fired him and approached another lawyer in Atlanta, filed at VSC and got approved recently.

So moral of the story - the attorney should work for you and should listen to you always because you or your employer is paying the fee.

Re: Re: Truth

Originally posted by 485GCCase
Thanks for the advice but if I tell my lawyer the truth; can she harm me by informing BCIS in any way?

Dear 485GCCase,

The attorney is representing yourself. Usually if they don't agree with your status, they will say 'I will not represent you anymore'. Find another attorney.

In your case, if you are sure that she can harm you, first contact a good attorney, through him/her

1) Consult about your situation, with documents signed with the current attorney
2) Get documents/ original RFE from your current attorney
3) change representation of yourself with CIS (there is a form you sign, don't remember the #)
4) reply RFE

Cheers!

If the lawyer is from the company from which you applied for I-485 and not the lawyer hired by you then be careful bcos he might want get more money from you by scaring you.

Since you lost your job before 6 months of filing of I-485, you need to find out if your old employer did not cancel your I-140.

If the lawyer is from your old company of if your old company has contact with this lawyer then be careful he might try to squeeze money from you.

Be careful.

Changing atty in a starightforward case do not matter but with this definitely he i going to play tricks.

Similar thing happend for me for my Canadian GC and lost it due to atty.

Reply yourself

Try to get the original RFE paper from the lawyer first.. You need that when you respond for the RFE.

I received the same RFE and changed my job exactly after 180 days.. Received RFE for employment letter and 2 months paystubs.. While i was getting my employment letter from the currency company, my ex-company lawyer who received the RFE, sent me the originals and I responded to RFE with original RFE letter, 3 months of paystubs and employment letter and fedexd BCIS on Feb 10th, online change to received on Feb 11th.

Don't sweat, try to get the original papers from lawyer and send the required documents by yourself..

First of all, Stay calm...

Hi guys,

Sorry to bother you all again and again..............but here is my pathetic situation.....

I filed my I485 on Feb 22,2002 and lost my job in April, 2002. I had not told this to my lawyer as I had a feeling that she might not support me as I lost my job in < 180 days.....I thought may be I'll get approval without RFE......as I don't have money to spare on another lawyer.

Now I have got RFE for employment letter with description of my position, hire date and salary from my employer with last 2 months paystubs. I have it from my current lawyer whom I joined after 180 days of I485. I LIED TO MY LAWYER THAT I HAD MY PREVIOUS JOB UNTIL SEPT, 2002.....BECAUSE I ASSESSED THAT IF I TELL HER THE TRUTH SHE WILL NOT LET ME HAVE MY GREEN CARD.

My lawyer wants paystubs till sept month from my previous employer; which I don't have. I have everything at present what BCIS wnats (emp. letter and paystubs of last 2 months) but don't have paystubs from my previous employer covering 180 days. Please guys guide me here.....what should I do? I am in a big soup here!!!

Thanks in advance

1. No you are not in a soup because you have exactly what BCIS is asking for, it is your lawyer who seems to be a jackass

2. Tell your lawyer that you are using AC21 and you have all that BCIS is asking for and nothing more

3. Your lawyer seems to know your predicament and wants you to pay more

4. If 3 is true then contact any other reputed firm to represent you (Rajiv, Murthy, Shustermann, etc.) - just set up a consultation and ask for advise on your case

5. Change lawyer and reply to RFE, you have 3 months to do it

6. Send me a PM if you want - I went thru the same issues

Re: Re: Truth

Just wanted to add that because of lawyer/client confidentiality, the worst she can do to you is to drop your case.

Has anyone done it by him/herself here. Besides the documents BCIS has asked for ; what else do I need to send? Do I need to send AC21 letter written by me?

I replied my own RFE and it is pretty simple. Make sure you attach your original RFE notice along with your reply and make all copies before you sent to INS. Send it be Fedex so that you cn track your shipment and hv a proof of delivery incase INS misplaced your documents.