Please help!!!

notyetGC

Registered Users (C)
RD 04/16/2001
ND 06/26/2001
FP 11/07/2001
AP 12/28/2001

Thanks in advance! for your patience to answer my questions.

If I get my approval notice, do I have to stamp my passport immediately ? Will I get the Card if I dont stamp my passport ?

My wife will be staying over in our country for a while; I will return back to work here. But then I will go to pick her up. In case, if we receive our approval notice in between this time, can I go to INS office and stamp my passport first ?

I have H1 visa valid until 06/2003. After approval, is my H1 visa still valid ? Can I use my H1 visa to travel if ?

Can we use the Advance Parole to travel even after receiving the approval notice ?

It is not advisable to be out of country when you are expecting approval.

There was a discussion earlier in this board. you can search for it and go through. If I find it , will let you know.
Personally my advise is since you are very close to getting approval(Practically you can expect it any day now), I would say get the GC and then go.

stamping

You don\'t have to stamp your Passport immediately after receiving the 485 approval. But it is good if you stamp without big delay. I don\'t think that there is any connection between stamping and Plastic green card. Some people say that you have to get stamped before they send the plastic card but my understanding is stamping is for the purpose of the employment. This is my guess.
As long as you have valid H1 visa there will not be any problem to get in USA. But if you use H1 as a entry it is advised to get a letter from your employer that you are still working in the Company also carry your H1 approval letter, 485 receipt etc. INS may ask those documents. It happened to me. Good luck

Thank you very much Devan... more help please!

Thank you Devan.
Your information is very encouraging.
I would appreciate if someone could answer based on their experience or knowledge.

At POE, can the immigration officer ask for advance parole (even though I have valid H1 visa) ? Will the H1 visa be voided if the officer stamped the immigration seal with date on the Advance Parole ?

Can the Advance Parole be used after I received my approval notice ?

What if my baby is born in our country after the approval ? Can we bring our baby to USA ? What visa should we take to bring the baby ?

No Title

My lawyer told me that when you\'re coming back and still your 485 is pending you don\'t have to show 485 receipt or AP unless they ask for it. But if you get approved when you\'re abroad your H1 is no longer valid you have to be paroled in . I am not sure paroled in means you have to use AP. Hope this helps

If passpor stamped, do we need any other paper at POE

Question:
If passport stamped (after I485 approval) do one need to have the GC card in hand to travel?
Please clarify if any experiences.