please help!!!!!!!!!!

christyjos

HI! everybody,

I' am married to a green card holder, and i've been living in the United State for about 4 years and 7 months. My husband filled a petition I-130 for me in April 2002, and I received a receit notice from the Immigration on the 14 of April 2002. Since then there were no words from the Immigration.
Some people are talking about the V-Visa wich i'm not sure if i'm qualified.
I would like to ask if anyone can please help me on that matter :confused:
and tell me the step I have to take I would appreciated very much.

Thanks in advance
Best regards

Unfortunately I do not believe that you will be eligible for the V Visa under the current ruling. This is because you would have to have filed on or before December 21, 2000 and have been waiting 3 years ot more. Please see below extract from the US Embassy Consular section.

Who is eligible? Spouses and children under the age of 21 of Lawful Permanent Residents who have been waiting at least three years for their immigrant visa applications to be processed in the family based second preference (F2A) category on the basis of a petition filed on or before December 21, 2000, are eligible to apply for the V visa, provided their priority date is not yet current, or the immigrant visa petition has not yet been approved