Please Help with your input.

Optimist999

Hi All,
My application has been transferred to INS Houston Local District office for an interview to be scheduled. My attorney asked them for status and they replied by saying that, they are processing 7/97 cases at that office and my application has 3/2000 date (i.e. my ND).

Does it mean that I have to wait three more years in the 485 stage? Please give me your input and please advise what I should do next?

Thanks.

No Title

I don\'t think so.
The date that they gave you is probably for processing family based visas. If you look at the District office processing times, they are taking over a 1000 days to process them.

If you are an EB category and your application has been sent to the INS district office for an interview, it is probably to find out more detail about you and your application. Most of the process has been completed at the Service center(Dallas, TSC).

You should hear from them sooner than the date they gave you.. a lot sooner, I would think.

Anybody else who think otherwise, Please correct me if I am wrong.

P.S. I am not a lawyer.Please get legal advise for concrete information

Good Luck

No Title

Not to disappoint you guys but there is so little known about this. Check out the local transfer list and get on the list at immitracker.com.

Houston I heard is better than the Dallas District Office. But the EB cases are not treated separately from the FB ones. That\'s a disappointment, isn\'t it?

Good luck,
Rajesh

No Title

Same thing happened to me at NSC. Its been sent to local Chicago office after waiting for 485 for 12 months. Any news on how Chicago is regarding these things?
Also, out EADs was renewals were applied on April 23rd, which is expiring on June 21st. It seems its taking 90+ days for EAD renewals at NSC. We both are working with EAD, which will expire in another 15 days. Will we be out of status? What is the way, if any, that we can continue with our jobs, while waiting for the EADs to come?