Please help, waiting for Oath Ceremony but need to travel ...

malgi

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My Naturalization Interview has been conducted on Dec 3, 2008 (approved). Since then I have scheduled several InfoPass appointments and each time they told me: "Pending Supervisor Approval".

1) Can I travel outside the country while my US Citizenship status is pending and waiting for Naturalization Oath Ceremony?

2) Can I request to speak to the supervisor in the next infopass appointment?

Thanks,
M

1) Yes, as long as it doesn't put your continuous residency into question. However, you risk having the oath letter arrive while you are gone so its best to have someone check your mail.

2)Yes, of course. There's nothing that says you can't ask for supervisor.

Hi,

My Naturalization Interview has been conducted on Dec 3, 2008 (approved). Since then I have scheduled several InfoPass appointments and each time they told me: "Pending Supervisor Approval".

1) Can I travel outside the country while my US Citizenship status is pending and waiting for Naturalization Oath Ceremony?

2) Can I request to speak to the supervisor in the next infopass appointment?

Thanks,
M

Hi Malgi,

Wow that is taking long for yah...what is your DO? I just passed my interview on Feb. 3. HOpefully, my oath taking comes soon!

I traveled and missed my first oath ceremony date. It wasn't a problem, you return the notice with an explanation and get scheduled for another oath ceremony by mail.

Yeah, but what do you travel with?? With your other passport? Aren't we supposed to wait until we get the passport once we are approved?

??????

Yeah, but what do you travel with?? With your other passport? Aren't we supposed to wait until we get the passport once we are approved?

??????

Not really. You can use your other passport. Remember that until you get your oath and cert of naturalization, you cannot apply for the US passport.-

??????

You still travel with your GC and foreign passport like you have done in past. Eventhough you are approved, it is not until after oath that you are officially a citizen and can apply for US passport.

What fingerprints? The OP is waiting for oath. Also, the only photos needed at this stage are the ones for US passport.

if he travels with his GC and passport, he will be photo and fingerprinted at the airport when he come back because of the US-VISIT system.