• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Please help usadiversitylottery: IS THIS A LEGITIMATE WEBSITE

Kellie1234

Hi guys,
I know I have probably been a victim to a scam but I cannot find any information about whether or not this website is fake or not online.
Has anyone used this website to submit an application for the diversity programme and if so did it work?
I am afraid that if I apply again through the government website and they actually are legitimate that I will be disqualified regardless.
Please help

Depends what you mean by scam, if they charge you then it's scammy because you can do it for free. However it's not bogus in the sense that if you paid for them to enter for you then they will, I do know someone who got selected through this site, so don't enter again as you are correct you'll be disqualified.
If you paid for multi year entries then get them to cancel the following years and do it yourself in the future.
Best of luck either way!
I think this is the one that if you are selected they try scare you into paying for a lawyer to do the application which is totally unnecessary- so bear that in mind if you do get selected. Just come back here for help :)

Thank you for your reply.
I am weary about applying again incase I do get disqualified which I don't want to happen.
I have only paid for a single year. I paid a $59 fee which isn't a lot, I just hope the application actually goes in. Unfortunately I didn't do a lot of research into it which was my own fault.

you can just do it yourself FOR FREE. and then can know if you have entered the application correctly or not (instead of relying on 3rd party that might screw up here and there - and that you had to pay for something that is free for everyone)

you can just do it yourself FOR FREE. and then can know if you have entered the application correctly or not (instead of relying on 3rd party that might screw up here and there - and that you had to pay for something that is free for everyone)

Thanks for your reply.
It's not about it being free or not I need to know if other people have used this website or know of anyone that has used this website, if so did they submit an application for them?
If I knew this then I could submit my application without the fear of being disqualified because I have two entries.

Thanks for your reply.
It's not about it being free or not I need to know if other people have used this website or know of anyone that has used this website, if so did they submit an application for them?
If I knew this then I could submit my application without the fear of being disqualified because I have two entries.

Don't risk a second entry. You messed up using that site. Don't make it worse.

I saw your posts on the board about the diversity lottery. Did that scam site actually apply for you so that when you applied to the .gov site you ended up disqualified?

I saw your posts on the board about the diversity lottery. Did that scam site actually apply for you so that when you applied to the .gov site you ended up disqualified?

OP has no way of knowing if she was disqualified or not (assuming she submitted an entry on her own). The system will not inform you of your disqualification if you submit multiple entries. Both entries just get discarded in the background.

why would people bother using 3rd party and potentially scam website when one can just use the official site for free, and would have to enter the same details as well...

why would people bother using 3rd party and potentially scam website when one can just use the official site for free, and would have to enter the same details as well...

Because they don’t know any better and/or because the websites try to look official.

You’re right. But sometimes people make mistakes, especially when passionate or excited or tired or anxious. The fake site was advertised near the real one. It happens. Just trying to help someone I love. Thanks for the support to everyone who replied.