Please Help!! Temporary PR and am out of Canada

prq20

Registered Users (C)
As many do, I landed in Canada in April, provided my friend's address for the PR card, and came back to US to continue my job.

Instead of the PR card, CIC sent me a letter to appear at local office so that they can take another picture of me.

Now I do have temporary PR, i.e. record of landing in my passport but was told by the immigration officer that landing document is not good for travel.

What are my options to re-enter Canada? Can I send a recent photo by mail? Will they accept it?

Thanks much in advance.

You cant send recent photo by mail.

Easiest option would be to enter canada by land border since your record of landing will be valid. You will have to rent a car and go. Greyhound or airplane wont let you board.

What do you mean by the phrase "your record of landing will be valid"? My immigrant visa is expiring on May 25th, whereas on my IMM-5292 the expiration is somewhere in 2010.

Are you referring to IMM-5292? Will they ask any specific questions (so that I can be prepared)? or its just entry from the border checkpoint without sending me inside to the immigration building.