PLEASE HELP: Need to bring parents (visitor visa) question

subr_vas

I would appreciate if Rajiv Khanna or anyone of you can share your knowledge/experience. I have stated my case below. I appreciate your taking time to read thro' it and letting me know.

My parents have a 10-year multiple entry visitor visa issued to them in Aug. 2004 (they earlier had a 6-month visitor visa with which they visited us for about 5 months from Apr. 2000 to Sep. 2000).
They had been to visit us last year using the 10-year multiple entry visitor visa:
enrty date: Sept. 9, 2004 (6 months stay stamped on I-94)
exit date: Dec. 31, 2004
They had to leave earlier than planned due to family circumstances. So they actually stayed only for less than 4 months.

They plan to come to US again this year on Mar. 3, 2005. Their port of entry would Los Angeles.
Do you think it would be a too short a time gap from the last visit, for them to make a second trip ? Would there be any problems at the POE?
What is the recommended time gap betweeen two consecutive visits?
What documents do they need to bring? Anything special if it is a short time gap between the two visits?

Thanks. I appreciate your help and look foward to hearing from someone.

Regards

subr_vas said:
I would appreciate if Rajiv Khanna or anyone of you can share your knowledge/experience. I have stated my case below. I appreciate your taking time to read thro' it and letting me know.

My parents have a 10-year multiple entry visitor visa issued to them in Aug. 2004 (they earlier had a 6-month visitor visa with which they visited us for about 5 months from Apr. 2000 to Sep. 2000).
They had been to visit us last year using the 10-year multiple entry visitor visa:
enrty date: Sept. 9, 2004 (6 months stay stamped on I-94)
exit date: Dec. 31, 2004
They had to leave earlier than planned due to family circumstances. So they actually stayed only for less than 4 months.

They plan to come to US again this year on Mar. 3, 2005. Their port of entry would Los Angeles.
Do you think it would be a too short a time gap from the last visit, for them to make a second trip ? Would there be any problems at the POE?
What is the recommended time gap betweeen two consecutive visits?
What documents do they need to bring? Anything special if it is a short time gap between the two visits?

Thanks. I appreciate your help and look foward to hearing from someone.

Regards

I do not have personal experience with this kind of scenario, however in my opinion they would not have any problem at the POE. Even if asked they
can say that they had to cut short their earlier visit and hence coming back.

Raju

No. As long as they have 10 year mutliple entry, they can explain at POE easily. Normally six month gap is fine. But I have seen people coming back in 2 months in many cases.

Thanks

Its better to give 6months or more gaps. Overall it should look like that your parents live in India considerbaly more than they are here. My mom got a warning cause she was travelling frequently, officers told her that she needs to spend more time in India.

I'm not sure if it's just a language issue but your question is about a **need** to bring your parents to visit the US. B2 visitors are normally tourist for pleasure and not because of someone's needs for whatever purpose. I hope you are not using them to be babysitters or whatever to provide you some type of work or service to help your situation. It would be illegal to have somebody visiting the US on a B2 visa for that purpose.
If they are really bona fide tourist for pleasure they should be able to explain and prove to the satisfaction of the POE inspector their purpose, and that they have the financial capability to support themselves and visit so often in the US without working.